WARSUG top poster

Re: Perth January February March Movements

Post by written_ficton »

Skippers will be doing most of the coastal runs shortly. Just been announced
I've closed the door!
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

written_ficton wrote:Skippers will be doing most of the coastal runs shortly. Just been announced
they're taking XR's monkey mia trips n stuff (less work for us... yay)
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Post by Infernal »

Nafenn wrote:
written_ficton wrote:Skippers will be doing most of the coastal runs shortly. Just been announced
they're taking XR's monkey mia trips n stuff (less work for us... yay)
Do skippers have a AOC to operate RPT?

If skippers are taking Skywest routes, what are skywest going to put their new props on that Virgin Blue are buying for them?
http://www.centreforaviation.com/news/2 ... ance/page1

Qantaslink to start Learmonth and Gerldton http://australianaviation.com.au/2011/0 ... h-exmouth/
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

AO11912 wrote:Do skippers have a AOC to operate RPT?

If skippers are taking Skywest routes, what are skywest going to put their new props on that Virgin Blue are buying for them?
http://www.centreforaviation.com/news/2 ... ance/page1

Qantaslink to start Learmonth and Gerldton http://australianaviation.com.au/2011/0 ... h-exmouth/
They Certainly do:

http://casa-query.funnelback.com/search ... y=Skippers
Holder Name: SKIPPERS AVIATION PTY LTD
Primary Trading Name:
Town/City: SUBIACO
State: WA
Issued: 2009/11/24
Expires: 2011/06/30

Number: ML 440409
Operations: RPT
Type of AOC: Australian
CASA Office: Western Region PER
AOC Holder Country: AUSTRALIA
AOC Application Status: Issued
I beleive that the props are technically opperated by vb, but crewed by skywest. Still, dont know :P
Nathan Fenn

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

The new aircraft (rumor ATR72's) will be owned by chatfields company "Aviation" which own some of the XR F100's and A320. They will be leased from "Aviation" by Virgin blue and operated by Skywest.

As for Skippers, it will certainly be a interesting exercise. They are going to be getting some more Dash 8's as well in the near future.
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

Helitak_670 wrote:The new aircraft (rumor ATR72's) will be owned by chatfields company "Aviation" which own some of the XR F100's and A320. They will be leased from "Aviation" by Virgin blue and operated by Skywest.
Rumours are flying about what they will be... ATR72's, Q400's, even heard someone the other day who had their proverbial money on Saab 340s

Also, my understanding was that FNP and its sister aircraft (obviously not in perth yet) were owned by Skywest? Wouldn't supprise me if that wasn't correct (i still dont get why they decided on some of the oldest A320's flying... I beleive that FNP was the 11th off the production line or something)
Nathan Fenn

Infernal

Aviation Discussions

Post by Infernal »

I heard they were in favour of dash 8 because the support here in Perth, and for the most part Australia was far better as there is no ATR operators.

IMO based on that id say it would be logical to go the dash, it would also be good to see some Q400's in WA
VK6GHZ
Amateur callsign: VK6GHZ

Post by VK6GHZ »

Nafenn wrote:i still dont get why they decided on some of the oldest A320's flying... I beleive that FNP was the 11th off the production line or something
Not quite. C/n 429 to be exact. First Flight 24/4/93. It's had a lot of owners which is why it's referred to as 'old'.

The oldest A320 seen at Perth in recent times is VH-YQA that is operating for Strategic. C/n 190, First Flight 15/3/91.

73's, Duncan - VK6GHZ
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

VK6GHZ wrote:The oldest A320 seen at Perth in recent times is VH-YQA that is operating for Strategic. C/n 190, First Flight 15/3/91.
why doesnt that supprise me
Nathan Fenn

dlcat1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dlcat1 »

AO11912 wrote:I heard they were in favour of dash 8 because the support here in Perth, and for the most part Australia was far better as there is no ATR operators.

IMO based on that id say it would be logical to go the dash, it would also be good to see some Q400's in WA
The Q400s defn look better on paper unless they've got some short strips.
Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

http://www.avation.net

A321 OY-VKA c/n 1881, VKB c/N 1921
A320 VH-FNP c/n 429, N620AW c/n 052
F100's
FNC c/n11334
FNJ c/n11489
FNN c/n11326
FNR c/n11488
FNT c/n 11461
FNU c/n11373
FNY c/n11484
FSW c/n 11391

Strategic
A320 VH-YQA c/n 190
YQB 279
YQC 395
A330 VH-SSA c/n 324

Kirk
ATR's in the area
ATR42-300
VH-TOQ
VH-TOX

ATR 42-320
VH-AVV
VH-FLE

ATR42-500
VH-UYJ

Dash8 Q400
There is an issue on tyre pressures and damage to the strips. A lot of the strips where the Q400 have flown into required upgrading,(on the wast coast) so if they are going to upgrade they may as well upgrade the strip to handle B737-800/A320 aircraft.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

ATR 42-320
VH-AVV
VH-FLE
CN: 096 / 194, now deregistered and operating up in PNG. Needed a lot of work to be brought up to standards
A320 VH-FNP c/n 429
I am led to believe that this aircraft is still owned by Orix Aviation and indeed is leased to Aviation/Skywest Airlines on a 36mth lease contract at US$170,000 a month.

ATR72 arriving shortly for DJ. No Q400's - Fokker F50's can be a solution mid term, plenty available with lease / purchase price low.
I've closed the door!
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

Helitak_670 wrote:Dash8 Q400
There is an issue on tyre pressures and damage to the strips. A lot of the strips where the Q400 have flown into required upgrading,(on the wast coast) so if they are going to upgrade they may as well upgrade the strip to handle B737-800/A320 aircraft.
Alot of the strips that they are consider using these aircraft on are already B737 Capable. The issue lies more with empty seats, other opperators using 50 seat aircraft on the same route virgin uses 80-100 seat aircraft (hence the reason the E170s are going).
Nathan Fenn

Infernal

Post by Infernal »

written_ficton wrote:
ATR72 arriving shortly for DJ. No Q400's - Fokker F50's can be a solution mid term, plenty available with lease / purchase price low.
Can you confirm this about the ATR's

As for Fokker 50's i doubt it, the press release at work said they were buying newer more fuel efferent quieter aircraft, which is why the Q400 comes to mind, as Fokkers are no longer produced, I dont see how they can buy new ones.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

AO11912 wrote:As for Fokker 50's i doubt it, the press release at work said they were buying newer more fuel efferent quieter aircraft, which is why the Q400 comes to mind, as Fokkers are no longer produced, I dont see how they can buy new ones.
Well, Skywest has the capabilities of the Fokker F50, so if something goes wrong with the new aircraft then can easily procure additional frames.

BTW = Regarding spare parts, with the Dash 8 equipment being easier to obtain is total false!
I've closed the door!