Perth January February March Movements

Aircraft, traffic control, air services

Moderators: Infernal, Nafenn, numloxx

Nafenn

Re: Perth January February March Movements

Post by Nafenn »

AO11912 wrote:The tail and the winglets are due to be painted when Virgin release their new brand

They are not marking it with "VIRGIN BLUE" so as they can use it on Pacific Blue routes, the head rests just have Blue) on them
I believe its the other way around. the current pacific blue 737s have new stickers down the side with "An airline of Virgin Blue".
AO11912 wrote:Well its now FEB 12, didnt see any 330's at T3 yesterday

Looks like you have 2 scissor lifts (JBT Commander 15I's) and a new drivable!! belt loader.
Hey Kirk, Bitch to someone who cares mate. I don't schedule it i just pass on info that i am told. Supposedly its now may, we have people in sydney at the moment getting trained for the arrival. The drivable belt is for the bulk hold because none of the towable ones are tall enough. we also have drivable stairs in the bay 30 GSE area
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Post by Infernal »

Nafenn wrote:
AO11912 wrote:The tail and the winglets are due to be painted when Virgin release their new brand

They are not marking it with "VIRGIN BLUE" so as they can use it on Pacific Blue routes, the head rests just have Blue) on them
I believe its the other way around. the current pacific blue 737s have new stickers down the side with "An airline of Virgin Blue".
AO11912 wrote:Well its now FEB 12, didnt see any 330's at T3 yesterday

Looks like you have 2 scissor lifts (JBT Commander 15I's) and a new drivable!! belt loader.
Hey Kirk, Bitch to someone who cares mate. I don't schedule it i just pass on info that i am told. Supposedly its now may, we have people in sydney at the moment getting trained for the arrival. The drivable belt is for the bulk hold because none of the towable ones are tall enough. we also have drivable stairs in the bay 30 GSE area
I wasnt bitching, i was after a update.

as for the Virgin blue logo's, i mean things like the seat covers, and wall logos in VUY just say Blue, not Pacific Blue or Vrigin blue, this is so they can use it on all rutes, a Virgin Blue branded aircraft can not operate out of Australia, due the agreement with SIA, which owns a % of the Virgin group

Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

AO11912 wrote:as for the Virgin blue logo's, i mean things like the seat covers, and wall logos in VUY just say Blue, not Pacific Blue or Vrigin blue, this is so they can use it on all rutes, a Virgin Blue branded aircraft can not operate out of Australia, due the agreement with SIA, which owns a % of the Virgin group

Yeah, no-one really knows what the go is brand wise, we will just have to wait and see
Nathan Fenn

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

last time I checked also there is no markings on bay 16 for A332 either.
Infernal

Post by Infernal »

Helitak_670 wrote:last time I checked also there is no markings on bay 16 for A332 either.
Although they have started preparations for the old tower/firestation

Word from the guys at Virgin over east is looking at April
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

What are they planning to do with the old tower/fire station buildings?
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
Infernal

Post by Infernal »

auntys_eyes wrote:What are they planning to do with the old tower/fire station buildings?
knock them down so A330 and above can taxi along that apron, instead of going via the intl side,
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

AO11912 wrote:
auntys_eyes wrote:What are they planning to do with the old tower/fire station buildings?
knock them down so A330 and above can taxi along that apron, instead of going via the intl side,
my understanding is that it the A330 will fit, as i have been told that if they havn't demolished it, the opps will continue but dusring pushbacks wing walkers will be required to ensure clearance (about 3m clearance, so not alot of room, hence why only the best pushback drivers are going to push the 330s).

And Helitak: the A330s will serviced by drivable stairs using either Bay 19 or a bay in between 18 and 19, will find out some time before they arrive (probably the day before). They will not be using the aerobridges.
Nathan Fenn

Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

Cheers Nathan.
Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

Bay 17 is being made into a A332 bay. Works comenced today

Challenger N350ES arrived.
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

Helitak_670 wrote:Bay 17 is being made into a A332 bay. Works comenced today
ahh, ok.

Because of the wingspan, we have been told that they won't be using 16/17 because they will block out adjacent bays
Nathan Fenn

kyeboi
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: UNIDEN UBC355XLT

helicoptor movement

Post by kyeboi »

hey guy

i seen some unusal stuff today 3 differant helicoptors at 3 differant time were hovering over burns beach through to midarie it was like the were either looking for something or survaing the area i dunno but it was strange does anyone have any info maybe!!!

kyeboi
KyeBoi

Yanchep VFRS
Nafenn

Re: helicoptor movement

Post by Nafenn »

kyeboi wrote:hey guy

i seen some unusal stuff today 3 differant helicoptors at 3 differant time were hovering over burns beach through to midarie it was like the were either looking for something or survaing the area i dunno but it was strange does anyone have any info maybe!!!

kyeboi
what did the choppers look like, that might give some clues as to what they were doing.

Did they look like any of these?

Nathan Fenn

robbage
Amateur callsign: VK6UFO_VK6RN
Scanners and Receivers:  
Scanners/receivers
Diamond Welz WS1000 wideband handheld
Radioshack Pro 28 handheld
Uniden UBC72XLT handheld
Uniden UBC73XLT handheld
Uniden UBC330CRS desktop

Two-way
Yaesu VX-3R 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wideband RX handheld
Yaesu FT-1802M 2m Ham TRX mobile x 2
Yaesu FT-7800R 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wide band RX mobile
Icom IC-208H 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wide band RX mobile
Icom IC-706MKIIG all-band all-mode Ham TRX mobile
Icom IC-V85 2m VHF Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-UVD1P VHF/UHF wideband Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-679P VHF wideband Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-713 UHF wideband Ham TRX handheld

Post by robbage »

Have you got a pic of the one that zips up and down the coast every day.. I think it might be involved with shark watch?
It's yellow with a flash of red at the front by the looks.
Rob
OF78WD
 Amateur moderator
Arguing with a fool proves there are two
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

robbage wrote:Have you got a pic of the one that zips up and down the coast every day.. I think it might be involved with shark watch?
It's yellow with a flash of red at the front by the looks.
The Westpac Bell Jet Ranger.. :)

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.