Perth January February March Movements

Aircraft, traffic control, air services

Moderators: Infernal, Nafenn, numloxx

Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Re: Perth January February March Movements

Post by Infernal »

Nafenn wrote:
AO11912 wrote:They are due to start in May.

The fire station will be going in the next week ir two.
supposedly they are taking it down slowly over 2 months... if they are - what a retarded plan!
Apparently its to reduce the amount of dust, personally i thing one big bang at 2am would sort it
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

AO11912 wrote:Apparently its to reduce the amount of dust, personally i thing one big bang at 2am would sort it
yeah, tear it down at 2, will be nothing to make dust by 5 - whats the issue?
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
dlcat1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dlcat1 »

One big bang would also scatter a pile of pea and golf ball sized bits of debris across the field. I'm more inclined to think knocking it down slow means they've found some asbestos in there, but that's just my guess.
Boeta

Post by Boeta »

dlcat1 wrote:... I'm more inclined to think knocking it down slow means they've found some asbestos in there, but that's just my guess.
=D>
Bingo, they have actually stopped work because of the asbestos too.

But all that aside they'll be getting some serious pressure from Virgin to get it knocked down, due to the impending arrival of their A330.
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

Boeta wrote:But all that aside they'll be getting some serious pressure from Virgin to get it knocked down, due to the impending arrival of their A330.
Virgin are able to opperate the A330's while thats there. Its just going to be one hell of a tight fit (2 metres clearance from the wingtip when on the centre line).

But they are certainly wanting it down before they start opperating, to make it easier for everyone
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
Nathan127
Amateur callsign: Rookie
Scanners and Receivers: Nil Looking into getting them

Post by Nathan127 »

Rumour Has It That They Did Find Some Aspestos In There But You Know About Rumours But From Management Said There Is Still Some Runway Lighting ect. Wires In There That The Havent Taken Out And Put In The New One Yet So That isWhy They Are Taking Down Slow.
Nathan
To keep work happy: Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views of my employer or any of their clients.

written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

FUGRO Airborne Surveys will be conducting a low level fixed wing geophysical survey from Bunbury to past Kalbarri. Operations have commenced in March and will continue through to July 2011.

Aircraft will be approx 60m above the ground when conducting these surveys.
I've closed the door!