RAC Rescue 1

Aircraft, traffic control, air services

Moderators: Infernal, Nafenn, numloxx

accprop

RAC Rescue 1

Post by accprop »

Any one know the best freqs to track RAC Rescue 1 movements or rescues being performed?
scottwa2468

re rac resque chopper freq

Post by scottwa2468 »

i suppose it would be on one of fesas freq
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

Rescue 1 (RAC Heli) is dispatched and controlled by the St John Ambulance Communications and Dispatch Centre in Belmont. Their callsign is "Rescue 1" and you can frequently hear them on the St John Frequency.
Per Ardua-Ad Astra
accprop

Post by accprop »

Many thanks! I will give it a go.
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

dazla wrote:Rescue 1 (RAC Heli) is dispatched and controlled by the St John Ambulance Communications and Dispatch Centre in Belmont. Their callsign is "Rescue 1" and you can frequently hear them on the St John Frequency.
Cool. Haven't heard them yet. Wonder if SJA base can selcall them like they do to Ambos? No doubt though they'd have VKI and FESA radios on board also.
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

No, I am a vollie ambo with St John (not first aid) and have actually had them dispatched to a car V car.

They landed on the South West HWY and did their thing.

It is basically fitted out like an ambulance, I did not see any Police or Fesa radios at all. I t think if its needed by FESA/POLICE its still dispatched by 6DS and sent whereever its needed.
Per Ardua-Ad Astra
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vk6hgr »

dazla wrote: It is basically fitted out like an ambulance, I did not see any Police or Fesa radios at all. I t think if its needed by FESA/POLICE its still dispatched by 6DS and sent whereever its needed.
Hmm. So we have Polair 61 which has police frequencies, Rescue 1 which is on SJA, plus the Firies choppers... me thinks they really need to work out a co-ordinated radio system in WA!
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

I think they all have differant purposes, SJA dont really need police radios as they are basically an air ambulance and get instrucitons from 6DS. Polair 61 get their instructions from VKI as firies get theirs from their comms.

Communications have an intercom system where they can speak to each other about incidents are occcuring on the road.
Per Ardua-Ad Astra
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

dazla wrote:I think they all have differant purposes ...
I rarely trust my memory, but wasn't there a report done into the emergency services in WA a little while ago, and a lack of an inter-connected communications system seen as a big hindrance?

Or am I just making this all up? :lol:
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vk6hgr »

Zebedee wrote:
dazla wrote:I think they all have differant purposes ...
I rarely trust my memory, but wasn't there a report done into the emergency services in WA a little while ago, and a lack of an inter-connected communications system seen as a big hindrance?
Yeah... I think read something similar, too. Problem is if we have a big natural disaster etc then we have 3 (or 4 if you count SES) emergency services that can only talk to each other via their bases, and even those talk to each other over the phone.

I know that in the 'states the inability for different "first responders" to communicate with each other was highlighted in one of the 9/11 reports.
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

vk6hgr wrote:Yeah... I think read something similar, too. Problem is if we have a big natural disaster etc then we have 3 (or 4 if you count SES) emergency services that can only talk to each other via their bases, and even those talk to each other over the phone.
At least the SES and WAPOL have a couple of common frequencies - VKI channels 31, 32 and 33 are also for the SES to use aren't they? (Not sure about the channel numbers, don't shoot me if I got 'em wrong!)
scottwa2468

RAC Rescue 1

Post by scottwa2468 »

west australian emergency services dont cope now,i was listening to sja yesterday and today and royal perth hospital were on bypass most of yesterday and qe2 was on bypass yesterday and most of today?,reading in the papers a few months ago this seems to just be a normal monday and tuesday,i was told by someone that the main corridor at que is wide for a reason,it allows for huge causulties in case of a disarster
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

RAC Rescue 1 certainly has a FESA Fire Services radio onboard - They use the callsign Rescue 65 or similar on that network - they often call in to arrange an area to set down with ground crews. They would also use the same callsign on the Air band, as the callsign starting with 6 designates it as an emergency aircraft.
slipknot
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu FT-857 Yaesu FT7800 Icom ID800H

Post by slipknot »

im in margaret river. what frequency would they use there? also, if the rac rescue 1 is on the ambos 413 frequency , presuming thier up high in the air, i should be able to hear it down here yer? but of course they would change ther frequency when they are down here doing an operation , i was mneaning that would i be able to hear any operations from perth but now we are talking about if they were to fly down here. what frequency would they be on if they were to be down here?
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

slipknot wrote:im in margaret river. what frequency would they use there? also, if the rac rescue 1 is on the ambos 413 frequency , presuming thier up high in the air, i should be able to hear it down here yer? but of course they would change ther frequency when they are down here doing an operation , i was mneaning that would i be able to hear any operations from perth but now we are talking about if they were to fly down here. what frequency would they be on if they were to be down here?
Rescue 65 is also known to transmit on the FESA channel too - based on what i heard a couple of times last year - 78.1000 is the frequency, which was the one that i heard Rescue65 communicate on.... Give that a try and let us know... otherwise 135.25 is the Frequency for Air Traffic from 3 NM's South of Jandkot's radius...