RAC Rescue 1

Aircraft, traffic control, air services

Moderators: Infernal, Nafenn, numloxx

slipknot
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu FT-857 Yaesu FT7800 Icom ID800H

Post by slipknot »

wel, unfortuntly thanks to some idiot on ebasy, my scanner dosnt go on freq 50 - 88 so yer.... pore me, but i can on vhf 135 is fine for me.
ill giv that a try, but thanks
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Just an update for you guys,

I went up for circuits yesterday in VH-YNB - I reconn it was hell busy to get on to Rwy 24R - from Lunchtime onwards -

Anways.... getting back on topic - Rescue 65 practiced basket drops and winching operations for an hour - She was there to the left of Runway 24L - practicing - she looked impressive....

Just thought I'd share that with you...
G
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

gkoutlis wrote:Just an update for you guys,

I went up for circuits yesterday in VH-YNB - I reconn it was hell busy to get on to Rwy 24R - from Lunchtime onwards -

Anways.... getting back on topic - Rescue 65 practiced basket drops and winching operations for an hour - She was there to the left of Runway 24L - practicing - she looked impressive....

G
And the photo's can be found at .... around .... (time-frame)

hahaha no pressure :)
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Tyranus wrote:
gkoutlis wrote:Just an update for you guys,

G
And the photo's can be found at .... around .... (time-frame)

hahaha no pressure :)
Heh heh - Sorry to let you down here, but I was trying to concentrate on flying :lol: :lol:

When Im waiting for my aircraft to return next time (from a previous flight) - I'll do my best to take a few snaps - :wink:
Schism_
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Schism_ »

RAC Rescue 1 was in Narrogin today picking up a time critical patient. We live just over the back from the helipad and it was shaking our house.
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

Yeh just heard it book back on channel 5 5

Landed at jandakot at 1615
Schism_
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Schism_ »

Rescue 1 flying into Narrogin as we speak 17:15pm! Very loud and low, to the helipad in the middle of town.
teztink

Post by teztink »

Last edited by teztink on Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
teztink

Post by teztink »

vk6hgr wrote:
dazla wrote: It is basically fitted out like an ambulance, I did not see any Police or Fesa radios at all. I t think if its needed by FESA/POLICE its still dispatched by 6DS and sent whereever its needed.
Hmm. So we have Polair 61 which has police frequencies, Rescue 1 which is on SJA, plus the Firies choppers... me thinks they really need to work out a co-ordinated radio system in WA!
Currently FESA is implementing a new radio system. It has ben just installed in Esperence. New Tait radios replace the Tait 2020 currently used by firies. These new radios allow internet over radio protocol, in vehilce cross band repeating so radios on different bands can talk to each other. Pretty exciting stuff really. And they work great too.

http://www.pstm.net/article/index.php?articleid=795

have a look at the link.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

That link is essentially talking about WAERN (Western Australian Emergency Radio Network) that is still in the development phase.

It includes new CCS units in volunteer FRS stations, a rollout of the new Tait TM8260 and TM8250 radios which will cover the old 76MHz VHF mid band frequencies, the new VHF high band and in the UHF band (depending on the model you have will determine the frequencies covered). Some sites have been trialling the new system, one of the hills areas has now been allocated the new radios.

Also in the WAERN are new UHF handhelds (currently awaiting a tender to be sorted out and applications called for) and (as stated) new ROIP technology is being developed. There's a lot more involved and I don't want to go into it right now as a lot of it is still yet in the decision and/or development phase.

Hopefully this will whet your appetite.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

teztink wrote:
dazla wrote:Rescue 1 (RAC Heli) is dispatched and controlled by the St John Ambulance Communications and Dispatch Centre in Belmont. Their callsign is "Rescue 1" and you can frequently hear them on the St John Frequency.
Sorry but you are incorrect. The Rescue 1 (RAC Heli) callsign "Rescue 65" is dispatched & managed by FESA. They will always log in to fesa using 6AR/6IP on takeoff from Jandakot/arrival/departure from incident then on return to Jandakot. FESA hold the contract to helicopters australia. The same ones responsible for the helitac fire suppression choppers. They may make contact via Ambo's but inital response is usually always initiated thru FESA.
It's not Helicopters Australia that manage RAC Rescue 1.. It's CHC.. which is a different mob.
teztink

Post by teztink »

Fastlane wrote:
teztink wrote:
dazla wrote:Rescue 1 (RAC Heli) is dispatched and controlled by the St John Ambulance Communications and Dispatch Centre in Belmont. Their callsign is "Rescue 1" and you can frequently hear them on the St John Frequency.
Sorry but you are incorrect. The Rescue 1 (RAC Heli) callsign "Rescue 65" is dispatched & managed by FESA. They will always log in to fesa using 6AR/6IP on takeoff from Jandakot/arrival/departure from incident then on return to Jandakot. FESA hold the contract to helicopters australia. The same ones responsible for the helitac fire suppression choppers. They may make contact via Ambo's but inital response is usually always initiated thru FESA.
It's not Helicopters Australia that manage RAC Rescue 1.. It's CHC.. which is a different mob.
Well there you go. :) thanks :oops:
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

Was an article on the aircraft in RAC Road Patrol earlier this year (which I just dug out). RAC Rescue 1 mobilisation is actually managed by St John Ambulance HQ in Belmont. The call through to 6AR/6IP would likely be courtesy.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Fastlane wrote:Was an article on the aircraft in RAC Road Patrol earlier this year (which I just dug out). RAC Rescue 1 mobilisation is actually managed by St John Ambulance HQ in Belmont. The call through to 6AR/6IP would likely be courtesy.
Exactlty - I have that very same Road Patrol issue - that says that...

I've always heard Rescue 65 book on with SJA - prior to take off - and take-off from the scene of the trauma with one on board back to RPH or SCGH - But I also did hear Rescue 65 some time ago - being directed by a FESA light taker to land a dark Oval towards Kalamunda a few months ago....

But thanks for clearing that up Fastlane.
munchkin1981
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by munchkin1981 »

teztink wrote:
Fastlane wrote:
teztink wrote: Sorry but you are incorrect. The Rescue 1 (RAC Heli) callsign "Rescue 65" is dispatched & managed by FESA. They will always log in to fesa using 6AR/6IP on takeoff from Jandakot/arrival/departure from incident then on return to Jandakot. FESA hold the contract to helicopters australia. The same ones responsible for the helitac fire suppression choppers. They may make contact via Ambo's but inital response is usually always initiated thru FESA.
Well there you go. :) thanks :oops:
rescue 65 is the call sign and yes sja do dispatch the jobs via the saom and there is a dr on board from rfds depending on the case with Critical care paramedics fesa only pay for the helicopter
It wasn't me honest.....it was the cat I'm sweet and innocent one :)