Aircraft, traffic control, air services

Moderators: Infernal, Nafenn, numloxx

Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

New Road

Post by Infernal »

The new road between the Domestic and International terminal is now open

This road used to be the southern link road, for internal use

This means that people will have access to the mound that is on the west of 03 for spotting, and a recent discussion over at Jetspotters indicated that the mound would be made available to use for spotters as it is now on the outside of the airport fences

Here is a map

http://www.perthairport.com/getfile.asp ... ectID=4748
Nafenn

Re: New Road

Post by Nafenn »

AO11912 wrote:The new road between the Domestic and International terminal is now open

This road used to be the southern link road, for internal use

This means that people will have access to the mound that is on the west of 03 for spotting, and a recent discussion over at Jetspotters indicated that the mound would be made available to use for spotters as it is now on the outside of the airport fences

Here is a map

http://www.perthairport.com/getfile.asp ... ectID=4748
Its a good drive, and i will be checking out the Mound near 03 today or tomorrow... because it looks to be in the perfect spot
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Used it the other day whilst picking up something from the airport. Its awesome!
I've closed the door!
Infernal

Post by Infernal »

Yep, it used to be the Southern link road driven it many times, I found out that there is no longer going to be a southern link road for air side drivers
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

AO11912 wrote:Yep, it used to be the Southern link road driven it many times, I found out that there is no longer going to be a southern link road for air side drivers
Travelling from the Domestic to the International terminal via the public link road this afternoon, I saw one of the yellow "safety" cars on another link road coming in the other direction. The other link road was inside the fenceline, so my guess would be there's still some kind of airside-only access road...
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Infernal

Post by Infernal »

Zebedee wrote:
AO11912 wrote:Yep, it used to be the Southern link road driven it many times, I found out that there is no longer going to be a southern link road for air side drivers
Travelling from the Domestic to the International terminal via the public link road this afternoon, I saw one of the yellow "safety" cars on another link road coming in the other direction. The other link road was inside the fenceline, so my guess would be there's still some kind of airside-only access road...

Yes however for use of people like safety officers and security patrols, its just a small goat track, as it stands now the southern link road is close perm and all internal traffic is to use the northern road for getting around.
numloxx
Amateur callsign: VK6PCB

Post by numloxx »

Until further notice, the access to the Rwy 03 Mound is restricted.
This is due to a few issues being sorted out by WAC.

The access paths to the mound have been fenced off and signs posted. You can still walk around them but I would ask that all members do not access the area.

Cheers,

Carsten
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

numloxx wrote:Until further notice, the access to the Rwy 03 Mound is restricted.
This is due to a few issues being sorted out by WAC.

The access paths to the mound have been fenced off and signs posted. You can still walk around them but I would ask that all members do not access the area.

Cheers,

Carsten
yeah, the AFP and Security don't tend to like it when people ignore those signs :P
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!