June July August September Sightings

Aircraft, traffic control, air services

Moderators: Infernal, Nafenn, numloxx

Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

June July August September Sightings

Post by Infernal »

Bit of a delay getting this post up, if you see something say something.
gkoutlis

Re: June July August September Sightings

Post by gkoutlis »

Noticed at 11:34 this morning from my office - a White Eurocopter - zooming past the Perth CBD/Foreshore heading South West.

Can't remember if this was the same one that will be commissioned as a second WAPOL Helicopter.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

That was probably VH-ZVH
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Interesting to note a greyish Eurocopter doing some low level fly overs of the Swan River - 11:00

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

Some ugly mother of an aircraft flew into jandakot today... can't remember what it's called, but it looks like a beech starcraft
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
Infernal

Post by Infernal »

QF777 MEL PER operated by VHOEH B747 today

Rumored to do this trip again

Last Sunday QF577 Operated by VHOEI B747
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

I wouldnt be suprised if this was part of QF's response to increasing seats across the network and in responce to DJ's A330 aircraft to operate these routes.
I've closed the door!
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Nafenn wrote:Some ugly mother of an aircraft flew into jandakot today... can't remember what it's called, but it looks like a beech starcraft
RFDS
I've closed the door!
Infernal

Post by Infernal »

written_ficton wrote:I wouldnt be suprised if this was part of QF's response to increasing seats across the network and in responce to DJ's A330 aircraft to operate these routes.

Actually no, happens this time of year every year, why AFL Finals, and School holidays

QF777/776 (YMML/YPPH/YMML) will be ops by B744 aircraft on 23/09 & 26/09 in lieu of A333 ops for the AFL Grand Final & School Holidays.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

You never know it may become a fixture! Anything with QF is as a good guess.

Look at the 743's, great idea Jumbo's on the route, great aircraft! Shoddy mx performance
I've closed the door!
Infernal

Post by Infernal »

written_ficton wrote:You never know it may become a fixture! Anything with QF is as a good guess.

Look at the 743's, great idea Jumbo's on the route, great aircraft! Shoddy mx performance

Hmmm but you just said, in the same forum that VAU having 777's on semi long haul routes was a bad idea, now you think QF should put their jumbos on a short haul route?
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Here is the sniped of what I said.
777's are really not the best suited to Lesuire routes, Phuket and Nadi which were the first to go [with pleasure] you cant put a long haul / class aircraft on a lesuire route when your chasing $$$
So putting a 777 onto the Phuket/Fiji route is murder, unless you can generate alot of business trafic. Remember lesuire routes the main punt is cheap flights thus the yield is low.

On the other hand you have the Perth - SYD/MEL routes which majority is business with some lesuire aspects. Because the yield is there [people paying business/full fare tickets] you can be profitable using large capacity aircraft like the B747-400.

Take for example the B767 which was designed for US transcontinental flying, not hour-twenty sectors like Melbourne-Sydney and Sydney - Brisbane. High bypass ratio engines such as the CF680A do not take kindly to high cycle patterns of operation, the very same Qantas and Ansett [when in operation] relied on these workhorses to sustain. So, the 767 was a sensible choice for one of the worlds most heavily supplied air routes.

So what I am trying to say the economics of route density [the number of trips and yield per trip] plus sophisticated revenue manames means that a profitable operations can be sustained on the back of a 211 seat widebody with an 8-10 hour endurance which would otherwise have to operate long haul to make any real money.

What I have put in italics can be put to the same use as the B747 aircraft.

Sorry this may be a bit much to swallow in one hit, but you should now get the picture?
I've closed the door!