Fuel Dumping

Aircraft, traffic control, air services

Moderators: Infernal, Nafenn, numloxx

written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Fuel Dumping

Post by written_ficton »

Over Freo at the moment a rather thin line of dark brown residue is being let from a plane. Looks like fuel dumping in process, or someone else knows?
I've closed the door!
Nafenn

Re: Fuel Dumping

Post by Nafenn »

written_ficton wrote:Over Freo at the moment a rather thin line of dark brown residue is being let from a plane. Looks like fuel dumping in process, or someone else knows?
Aviation fuel is either clear/straw or a Bluey green - i dont know what it is, but its not fuel
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
muzza333
Scanners and Receivers: uniden

Post by muzza333 »

somebody using the toilet after eating plane food. Maybe. Lol. :)
Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

When fuel dumping occurs, it happens at a very high altitude so basically it evaporates before it hits the ground. Previous times they have gone west of rotto to carry out a operation like that. It also comes out as a white mist regardless of the fuel. (however I have no idea what avgas powered aircraft can dump fuel)
LighteningCrashes
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: Tait2020

Post by LighteningCrashes »

Yeah i saw that it was some sort of show in the aftermath of red bull. A little plane doing tricks with the smoke on. He was doing it over the city.
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

Helitak_670 wrote:(however I have no idea what avgas powered aircraft can dump fuel)
The mooneys i fly have a Fuel Gascolator on the floor that can be accessed in flight - but i dont think you can use it in flight (or with the engine running).

I'm with you tho - i dont know any small aircraft that can dump fuel.
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!