Moderators: Infernal, Nafenn, numloxx

written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Jandakot getting an $60mill upgrade to handle FIFO boom

Post by written_ficton »

http://www.perthnow.com.au/business/min ... 5842921796

Interesting...

"The airport handles much of the ``fly-in fly-out'' transport of the mining sector in the boom state."

Perth I would have expect handles 99% of the FIFO traffic, Jandakot verry little...
I've closed the door!
Nafenn

Re: Jandakot getting an $60mill upgrade to handle FIFO boom

Post by Nafenn »

written_ficton wrote:Interesting...

"The airport handles much of the ``fly-in fly-out'' transport of the mining sector in the boom state."

Perth I would have expect handles 99% of the FIFO traffic, Jandakot verry little...
yeah, its news to all of us - Cobham and Maroomba seem to handle most of it, and they are at Perth ;)

Although, the upgrade has been a long time coming, and it will be good to have 2 parallel runways - so they will actually put it into wind and not have to worry about the dammer circuit traffic going from 2 runways to 1 on the cross runway
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Skippers and Cobham handle most of the flights, followed by Skywest, Maroomba and Network with Casair and the pencil pushers.
I've closed the door!
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

yeah... them :P

and considering the largest aircraft you can probably get in AND OUT of jandakot is a Learjet... not exactly viable FIFO wise ;)
Nathan Fenn

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Nafenn wrote:yeah... them :P

and considering the largest aircraft you can probably get in AND OUT of jandakot is a Learjet... not exactly viable FIFO wise ;)
Doesn't the Cessna 208B Grand Caravan get used to ferry workers sometimes from YPJT and YPPH?

I noted a while ago when I was training at Kalgoorlie Airport in a Mooney, that the 208B makes regular visits from Perth dropping of Jockeys for the Kalgoorlie Horse Race Meets.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

more than likely its just charters. Jockeys are not exactly FIFO workers are they :)
I've closed the door!
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

gkoutlis wrote:Doesn't the Cessna 208B Grand Caravan get used to ferry workers sometimes from YPJT and YPPH?

I noted a while ago when I was training at Kalgoorlie Airport in a Mooney, that the 208B makes regular visits from Perth dropping of Jockeys for the Kalgoorlie Horse Race Meets.

G
a mooney... in Kalgoolrie??? Those things struggle enough in the heat in perth, how the hell did they survive in Kal?
Nathan Fenn

gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Nafenn wrote:
gkoutlis wrote:Doesn't the Cessna 208B Grand Caravan get used to ferry workers sometimes from YPJT and YPPH?

G
a mooney... in Kalgoolrie??? Those things struggle enough in the heat in perth, how the hell did they survive in Kal?
Lol - it handled well for me ;) - very bumpy over the Super Pit though...

Mind you, for the month I was there fore work, we only had a severe Thunderstorm come past, but it wasn't as hot as it usually is...

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.