Aircraft tribute for woman of the skies - Langley Park SAT

Aircraft, traffic control, air services

Moderators: Infernal, Nafenn, numloxx

gkoutlis

Aircraft tribute for woman of the skies - Langley Park SAT

Post by gkoutlis »

Langley Park will come alive with aircraft on Saturday as the City Of Perth hosts a free tribute to the late Nancy Bird-Walton - Australia's greatest aviatrix.

About 17 aircraft will land from 11am and there will be a variety of activities, including a model plane display and parachute demonstration before take-off at 2pm.

The park, which was the site of Perth's first major runway, has been used for years for special fly-in events for small planes. One of the major attractions will be the Culp Special biplane and the Christen Eagle stunt plane which will perform a trademark mirror formation.

Also flying in are biplanes from Germany, England, Russia and the United States, plus a huge Texan war bird and helicopters from Rotorvation. The MC vintage car club will support the event with more than 100 vintage cars.

Mrs Walton, who died in January aged 93, was Australia's first female pilot and was taught by Sir Charles Kingsford Smith. A qualified pilot by the age of 19, she became known as the Angel of the Outback for her work with the Royal Flying Doctor Service, receiving an OBE in 1966 and Order of Australia in 1990.
From the West.com.au - http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/wa ... the-skies/

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Re: Aircraft tribute for woman of the skies - Langley Park SAT

Post by written_ficton »

I'll be there...

Just shout if your coming
I've closed the door!
Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

I was there, got some snaps, was very dissapointed to see 99% MG's and nothing else. Was great to see some of the other "RARE" never seen flying warbirds there. Got plenty of pics to if you want to see some WF
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Unfortunately, I was unable to attend.
I've closed the door!
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

doug (zebedee) and myself were there taking photos... Spotted numlox and 6zms

Will put up some photos when i get a sec
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
missnoisy

Post by missnoisy »

I was there (in the vicinity of the green tent trying to look inconspicuous :wink: ), however a little too busy to get any photos unfortunately.
Sarah
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

Photos: http://warsug.info/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=7808
missnoisy wrote:I was there (in the vicinity of the green tent trying to look inconspicuous :wink: ), however a little too busy to get any photos unfortunately.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVAagm-KREk - inconspicuous?
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!