Hawks at Jandakot

Aircraft, traffic control, air services

Moderators: Infernal, Nafenn, numloxx

Nafenn

Hawks at Jandakot

Post by Nafenn »

Well, there was alot of Hawks Parked at jandakot (I didn't recognise the markings - but apparently they are Singapore airforce... well... ex singapore airforce)

so does anyone know what the deal is???
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
ConstableCare
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: Hawks at Jandakot

Post by ConstableCare »

All ex RSiAF - now retired. All For Sale on the public market. Around $200k each.

CC
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Nafenn wrote:(I didn't recognise the markings - but apparently they are Singapore airforce... well... ex singapore airforce)
Were these the markings? Of so, they are RSiAF.
dlcat1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dlcat1 »

BAe Hawks?

Anyone know the story why they are being put out for sale?

I'd love to buy one as a commuter :P
missnoisy

Post by missnoisy »

They're not BAe Hawks, but rather SIAI Marchetti (now Aermacchi) S211s, an Italian design. Easiest way to tell the difference between the two is where the wings are mounted; Hawks have low mounted wings, the Marchettis have high mounted wings.

Marchetti

Hawk

Apparently they have been trucked down from Pearce over this weekend, and an operator at Jandakot has a contract to get as many aircraft airworthy as possible by cannibalising the rest.
Sarah
ConstableCare
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ConstableCare »

2 are airworthy already and flew down from Pearce - they are on the Australian Register. The rest are up for sale to private buyers. As mentioned previously they are ex RSiAF and have been retired from service. They all have around 2000hrs left on the airframe.

CC
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

These aircraft were retired from the force in 2008 from a major airforce, they are currently in short term storage. ALL ARE CURRENTLY FLYABLE

The reason to ferry them to Jandakot is simply, no viewing and restrictive access at pearce.

The S211 is a fully aerobatic aircraft, powered by a single P&W JT15D-4C engine, speed are around 400kts. Individual aircraft are priced starting at US$175k each.

The aircraft are being offered "as is" or flying on experimental category. Great thing is there is a flight simulator up for grabs aswell
I've closed the door!
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

ConstableCare wrote:2 are airworthy already and flew down from Pearce - they are on the Australian Register. The rest are up for sale to private buyers. As mentioned previously they are ex RSiAF and have been retired from service. They all have around 2000hrs left on the airframe.

CC

CC, you are indeed incorrect in terms of aircraft hours. There is a few that have 000's hours left, the rest have 0'000's left.

The highest aircraft has 2,730hrs left
I've closed the door!