Aircraft, traffic control, air services

Moderators: Infernal, Nafenn, numloxx

Mug
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93xlt

JABI?

Post by Mug »

Couple of things on the flight tracker today.
The first one was just a plane flying up and down the coast from Freo to Rockingham with the aircraft type of JABI. Can I ask what that is?

The second one was a large, slow military jet (C17?) that I actually saw in real life, that appears to just fly out from Perth Airport, fly in a circle then make its way back.Out of curiosity would there be a reason for this?
¡¡¡ʎɐq-ǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq oʇ ƃuıoƃ ɯı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
gainsi

Re: JABI?

Post by gainsi »

Mug, it is a fair bet that 'Jabi' is a Jabiru which is a light aircraft named after the Australian bird.

I'm an aviation enthusiast (but I'm in Melbourne) but a local guy posts an ACARS list for Perth International every day, so I'll check out the C-17 sighting for you.
Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Post by Infernal »

C17's are always in and out of YPPH, as they are not able to land and take off at YPEA when operating close to MTOW and MLW

we have had the USAF RAAF RAF and RCAF (Canadian) C17's in over the last 8 months

(i think the RAF one might have been a C130)
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

there is a fairly big difference between a c17 and a c130 kirk :p

As said above jabi is a jabiru, a light recreation aircraft, which may or may not be vh registered (if not it will be jabiru (4 numbers) rather than vh-abc
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
gainsi

Post by gainsi »

Perth has had RAAF, USAF, RCAF & RAF C-17's visiting in the past 18 months...lucky buggers.

Yesterday's was calling Reach 705 and it landed R03 at 14.03pm. Its serial was 01-0186 & it was from the 62AW/446AW from McChord AFB.

Thanks to Greg W at Jetspotter Perth for the info.