Aircraft, traffic control, air services

Moderators: Infernal, Nafenn, numloxx

Toottoot
Banned

Re: Laser Ban

Post by Toottoot »

jasonjag wrote:
Vote:
Should Australian states ban laser pointers?

YES: 10933

NO: 13676 This number must own lasers ??

How stupid are people for so many to vote NO ???
What your source? The article in the link does not seem to mention these statistics.
jasonjag
Banned

Post by jasonjag »

[quote="Toottoot"][quote="jasonjag"]

Vote:

How stupid are people for so many to vote NO ???[/quote]

What's your source?[/quote]

Read Earlier Media poll post. Ninemsn have a vote poll every day and that date 30 march was the vote poll and those figures were from that. ok
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

jasonjag wrote: Vote:

How stupid are people for so many to vote NO ???
Well then to that I pose the question:

How stupid are people who think that a ninemsn on line poll is a true and accurate representation of the view of the greater population?

23676/21,352,373 = 0.0011% of the population with a no vote of 13676/21,352,373 = 0.00064%. Its not really that many people.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Believing online polls are fraught with danger. If there's people with a bent one way or another then they will contact their mates by IM/email etc and get them to vote likewise.
jasonjag
Banned

Poll

Post by jasonjag »

[quote="WPXZBP"]Believing online polls are fraught with danger. If there's people with a bent one way or another then they will contact their mates by IM/email etc and get them to vote likewise.[/quote]

I agree with WPXZBP. I quoted that poll to show exactly what some one said about most votes were in favour, knowing it was rigged etc.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

WPXZBP wrote:Believing online polls are fraught with danger. If there's people with a bent one way or another then they will contact their mates by IM/email etc and get them to vote likewise.
That or if you really want to just clear your cookies and it will usually let you vote again.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
jasonjag
Banned

Laser Light

Post by jasonjag »

VH-CWO outbound from 03 Perth Airport on Departures reported a green laser light being shone at them on the Flight path. 5 klms NW 2052
gkoutlis

Re: Laser Light

Post by gkoutlis »

jasonjag wrote:VH-CWO outbound from 03 Perth Airport on Departures reported a green laser light being shone at them on the Flight path. 5 klms NW 2052
Correct me if I am wrong - but VH-CWO is an RFDS plane - and last time I checked, at that time she had departed Jandakot Runway 06L - 2038... Not sure why it would be leaving Perth Airport for.... :roll:
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
jasonjag
Banned

Post by jasonjag »

[quote="gkoutlis"][quote="jasonjag"]VH-CWO outbound from 03 Perth Airport on Departures reported a green laser light being shone at them on the Flight path. 5 klms NW 2052[/quote]

Correct me if I am wrong - but VH-CWO is an RFDS plane - and last time I checked, at that time she had departed Jandakot Runway 06L - 2038... Not sure why it would be leaving Perth Airport for.... :roll:[/quote]

You are correct "Gkoutlis" that the rego VH-CWO is a RFDS plane, but my wife and i heard very clearly as departures, kept asking the Pilot/Crew to confirm as accurate as possible the location, after they reported it, they repeated numerous times and i wrote down the rego when it happened, ATC Departures and the Tower continued for at least an hour warning all other AC departing 03 about the location reported by CWO, so have no idea if it was over flying PA or took off from PA, but rego was clear.. (maybe i got the letters mixed but 99% sure i didnt as i wrote it down imediately. ??) any way, regardless of the rego, some idiot was shining a laser and hope the P***k gets caught.. jj
danielrigano

Post by danielrigano »

Last edited by danielrigano on Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

jasonjag wrote:
gkoutlis wrote:
jasonjag wrote:VH-CWO outbound from 03 Perth Airport on Departures reported a green laser light being shone at them on the Flight path. 5 klms NW 2052
Correct me if I am wrong - but VH-CWO is an RFDS plane - and last time I checked, at that time she had departed Jandakot Runway 06L - 2038... Not sure why it would be leaving Perth Airport for.... :roll:
You are correct "Gkoutlis" that the rego VH-CWO is a RFDS plane, but my wife and i heard very clearly as departures, kept asking the Pilot/Crew to confirm as accurate as possible the location, after they reported it, they repeated numerous times and i wrote down the rego when it happened, ATC Departures and the Tower continued for at least an hour warning all other AC departing 03 about the location reported by CWO, so have no idea if it was over flying PA or took off from PA, but rego was clear.. (maybe i got the letters mixed but 99% sure i didnt as i wrote it down imediately. ??) any way, regardless of the rego, some idiot was shining a laser and hope the P***k gets caught.. jj
Depending on certain things, RFDS arrive at perth sometimes and offload
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

danielrigano wrote:I think laser pointers below 200 mw is safe.
When a red laser pointer less than 5mW can make a student permanently blind in one eye, as shown at Denmark District High School a few years ago, a green laser at 200mW is definately NOT safe... especially considering green light has more energy than red light.
w0mbat
Scanners and Receivers: AOR 8200 MKIII

Post by w0mbat »

Just to clarify, it was not CWO who reported this. No incident report was lodged.
cheers all :)
jasonjag
Banned

Laser Threat to Aircraft

Post by jasonjag »

A Laser has been active in Osborne Pk area tonight, ATC warning all AC, especially RFDS as they fly around Perth AP in that direction to Jandakot.
2200 jj
Toottoot
Banned

Re: Laser Threat to Aircraft

Post by Toottoot »

Maybe they should put reflective tinting on the AC windows so it bounces back and burn's their eyes.