Laser Threat to Aircraft

Aircraft, traffic control, air services

Moderators: Infernal, Nafenn, numloxx

yorky

Re: Laser Threat to Aircraft

Post by yorky »

Except for the fact that the reflection would simply go and hurt some one else's eyes.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
spartacus
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: ONEDAYILLGETIT
Scanners and Receivers: ubc92xlt

Post by spartacus »

live atc has it's fair share of atc recordings
http://www.liveatc.net/recordings.php

This one: 2008-10-28 03:37:22 Green Laser hits pilot in the right eye. SQK7700
is particularly good
To stop displaying signatures, go to the User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Edit display options > Display signatures > No > Submit
jasonjag
Banned

Post by jasonjag »

yorky wrote:Except for the fact that the reflection would simply go and hurt some one else's eyes.
If it was possible, the AC should do a power dive with full headlights on at the laser pointer and pull out of dive at 1000 ft, doubt if the idiot would ever shine another at an AC...
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

jasonjag wrote:
yorky wrote:Except for the fact that the reflection would simply go and hurt some one else's eyes.
If it was possible, the AC should do a power dive with full headlights on at the laser pointer and pull out of dive at 1000 ft, doubt if the idiot would ever shine another at an AC...
Considering you would have to be able to be fully recovered by 500'... somehow i think the pilot would be recovering from the dive a little earlier. Unless of course they were Japanese ;)
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!