April, May. June Sightings 2009

Aircraft, traffic control, air services

Moderators: Infernal, Nafenn, numloxx

aviat123

Re: April, May. June Sightings 2009

Post by aviat123 »

QF068 HK-YPPH aborted landing at 0720. Landing gear fully retracted at the time of sighting. Landed 0733
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

aviat123 wrote:QF068 HK-YPPH aborted landing at 0720. Landing gear fully retracted at the time of sighting. Landed 0733
aborted landings are actually alot more commoun than people think, although it can be a fairly violent event for the people at the back, depending on the stage of approach where the pilot decides to smack the throttle

at airline level, getting a peice of metal that size from deceinding at a 3 degree gradient, to climbing at a 5 degree gradient can be very interesting
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
orangepeel

Post by orangepeel »

getting a peice of metal that size from deceinding at a 3 degree gradient, to climbing at a 5 degree gradient can be very interesting
Geez - must be a slug - 5 deg up - you typically get better than that OEI.....

If all going well - try up around the 15 nose up - even 20 up if you go rated.

Its not that interesting - you simply press TOGA and the AP/AT look after it ...

Maybe you are getting confused with your 152 there -- 5 up would be typical on a standard day
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

orangepeel wrote:
getting a peice of metal that size from deceinding at a 3 degree gradient, to climbing at a 5 degree gradient can be very interesting
Geez - must be a slug - 5 deg up - you typically get better than that OEI.....

If all going well - try up around the 15 nose up - even 20 up if you go rated.

Its not that interesting - you simply press TOGA and the AP/AT look after it ...

Maybe you are getting confused with your 152 there -- 5 up would be typical on a standard day
i was talking path through the air, not nose attitude ;) - and last time ichecked, its 5 degree minimum climbout.

and we dont use nose attitude in cessnas my friend - we use speeds :)

*edit* or was it 5% :?
Nathan Fenn

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

I beleive i saw a C-17 departing perth today around 1545... not sure on the specifics... i saw it from the car park at jandakot airport ;)
Nathan Fenn

donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

Nafenn wrote:I beleive i saw a C-17 departing perth today around 1545... not sure on the specifics... i saw it from the car park at jandakot airport ;)
hmm maybe this was the strange aircraft i saw fly over head... i was in Melville and saw it flying over.. i thought it was probs RAAF but wasnt sure
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short