Final DC3 flights in perth (possibly)

Aircraft, traffic control, air services

Moderators: Infernal, Nafenn, numloxx

Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Re: Final DC3 flights in perth (possibly)

Post by Fastlane »

gkoutlis wrote:Ship Yards is located to the West of Adventure World way before Fremantle. It is the only entry point from the West that you can track inbound to Jandakot - unless your from the city and using Mt.Henry Bridge as a Visual Reference.
Last I looked, Bibra Lake (Adventure World) is SOUTH of Freo?

That picture is definately of Fremantle Port. I was always of the impression tracking into Jandakot from the North was via the power station to the south of Freo.
ConstableCare
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ConstableCare »

Nafenn wrote:Mr Pedantic :P

if you want to get technical:

it actually said during the flight that CWS was a C-47 that was converted ;)

Indeed it used to be a C-47, however it was converted by QF. The other two A/C flying in Australia have not been converted - i.e they don't have the overhead bins etc. Therefore, this makes her the last DC-3 flying in Australia

My bad on th initial statement! It was late last night, and now it's early this morning :D
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

gkoutlis wrote:
Fremantle Shipyards, our entry point into the Jandakot Controll Zone
With all due respect - The picture you quoted the above - IS NOT Shipyards to which we use to approach Jandakot according to the lastest GAAP procedures for Jandakot.

Ship Yards is located to the West of Adventure World way before Fremantle. It is the only entry point from the West that you can track inbound to Jandakot - unless your from the city and using Mt.Henry Bridge as a Visual Reference.

I know this, because I have flown/fly this route many times...

G
I'll pay that

i did infact think it was fremantle that was used, becuase the pilot called shipyards when we were over fremantle... but i have only come in over the Powerhouse and Six South when flying myself
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

Pics split out to their own thread...

http://warsug.info/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5517&start=0
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

Constablecare , Although your comments have been moderated it is quite obvious that my post upset you a little bit. It seems it may have been a poor choice of wording on my part as it was not my intention to imply that the company itself had failed or that there was a lack of interest. I am quite aware of the beaureucratic nightmare that the owners faced to get up and running. I guess what I am trying to say is that I think it is a shame that operations had to cease and I wish the guys all the best. I apologise if you interpreted it any other way. You are quite right to pull me up on who is the registered owner of CWS as I was making comment based on something a mate had told me (That Robbie P had bought the aircraft) which I now know to be incorrect as he is only the registered operator and not the owner.
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

Can i just say that the pics were amazing and that is truely a beautiful aircraft! what was the deal with 'Classic Wings'? Were you able to go for a 'joyflight' or something? I wish i had heard of this before as i would have LOVED to have seen/flown in that aircraft!

Cheers! :D
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

donks wrote:Can i just say that the pics were amazing and that is truely a beautiful aircraft! what was the deal with 'Classic Wings'? Were you able to go for a 'joyflight' or something? I wish i had heard of this before as i would have LOVED to have seen/flown in that aircraft!

Cheers! :D
classic wings was a company that used to take passengers for joy flights around perth, and down to places like busselton.
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

Actually the only TRUE DC-3 is VH-ABR in Vic which is airworthy, VH-CWS is a DC-3 after the conversion from a C-47

DC-3C's Airworthy in Australia
VH-AES, VH-TMQ, VH-OVM, VH-DNA, VH-SBL, VH-MML, VH-AGU,
C47's VH-EAF, VH-EAE VH-NVD, VH-NVZ
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

Helitak_670 wrote:VH-CWS is a DC-3 after the conversion from a C-47
Yep, that's what the information sheet said on the bulkhead in front of my seat - see pic above.
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.