YPJT "emergency"

Aircraft, traffic control, air services

Moderators: Infernal, Nafenn, numloxx

woobla1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by woobla1 »

Thanks for telling Simmo, interesting read.
CANT HEAR THE POLICE ANYMORE?
SEE THIS POST: http://warsug.info/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4424
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

Simon Wright wrote:Hi Guys,

I am Simon. I find it quite astounding the contrast in stories going around and more to the point that not one single person has approached me and asked me what i did or what happened. I'm not sure where anyone is getting there information but i am quite happy to clear it up and answer any questions any body has. I have also written an article for TARMAC TOPICS for all those RACWA members out there which i am hoping will be included in the December 08 issue. By now we all know Sunday my gear light didnt come on. I'm not going to explain the event in full here because i don't think it is necessary. My reaction was first to confirm it was down with the tower. There was speculation on the frequency that the left gear was not in the locked position. I checked the annunciator panel and confirmed the light was off. I DID carry out a manual gear extension which im sure my dad can vouch for as he read out the checklist! The nav light was checked to be off to confirm it wasnt dimming the annunciator panel and most importantly as "Reevesy" mentioned i made sure the mechanical floor alignment was indicating correctly as it was. I relayed all this information to those on the ground and we all agreed it was a blown globe but RACWA called in the emergencies as an extra precaution. If there are any further comments or suggestions, and certainly any questions.. please feel free to ask me personally!

Regards,
Simon Wright
Thankyou Simon,

I feel that the full story has been heard on this issue, so i will close it. If anyone has a problem with this please PM me.
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!