Icom IC-706MKIIG all-band all-mode Ham TRX mobile
Icom IC-V85 2m VHF Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-UVD1P VHF/UHF wideband Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-679P VHF wideband Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-713 UHF wideband Ham TRX handheld

Qantas "engineer"

Post by robbage »

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/s ... 21,00.html

Guy certifying aircraft for almost a year turns out to be a fraud.
Rob
OF78WD
 Amateur moderator
Arguing with a fool proves there are two
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

ouch!
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

whats that noise? i think thats Qantas' Reputation falling further through the floor!
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
jasonjag
Banned

Re: Qantas "engineer"

Post by jasonjag »

robbage wrote:http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/s ... 21,00.html

Guy certifying aircraft for almost a year turns out to be a fraud.
I am amazed how he got away with false papers for so long, so much for qantas back checks on employing people ? jj
nra555
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nra555 »

It really is a steady cruise down hill for them isn't it?, so much for the worlds safest airline.
PRC-555
NRA-555

nra.org.au - join today to make UHF CB a more enjoyable band to use!
Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Post by Infernal »

nra555 wrote:It really is a steady cruise down hill for them isn't it?, so much for the worlds safest airline.
Believe it or not they still are the worlds safest airline, they haven't lost a person yet
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

Yeah and in defence of Qantas, from what I've been reading, it seems like it was a fairly elaborate hoax. Yes, maybe there's a bit more reference checking could have been done, but I don't think any of us would expect someone to go to THAT much trouble to fake qualifications and certificates and all that stuff. Or maybe that's just my lazy side coming out, thinking "It all sounds too hard!" :P
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
jasonjag
Banned

Hoax

Post by jasonjag »

Naw Doug, I will just print out my own Cetification on the printer and go get my self a job, now wheres the props ? jj
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Re: Hoax

Post by Zebedee »

jasonjag wrote:Naw Doug, I will just print out my own Cetification on the printer and go get my self a job, now wheres the props ? jj
Somehow I think there was a bit more to it than that...
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Zebedee wrote:
jasonjag wrote:Naw Doug, I will just print out my own Cetification on the printer and go get my self a job, now wheres the props ? jj
Somehow I think there was a bit more to it than that...
Yep - you need a certificate of spellin g & grammer which we all will fail on this board
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

written_ficton wrote: Yep - you need a certificate of spellin g & grammer which we all will fail on this board
HAHAHAHAHA *checks spelling to ensure it is correct.*
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
missnoisy

Post by missnoisy »

IMO, the media has been extremely unfair on Qantas of late. The two major incidens of late (QF72 and the 747 oxygen bottle incidents) were both the first of their kind, and in both cases Qantas was the unlucky airline they happened to. As a result changes are occuring which will make the aviation industry safer for all. A lot of the other incidents that have occurred have been relatively 'normal' things, that the media has blown out of proportion. Personally, I would much rather arrive somewhere a couple of hours late and safely than be flying on an unsafe aircraft, and have doubts that I would even make it to my destination.

One must also remember Qantas is operating a much older fleet than they planned to have at this point in time. This is due to the delay in delivery of new aircraft such as the A380 and 787, which is forcing Qantas to keep operating older aircraft, which require more time and money to maintain.

Yes this incident with the impersonation of a LAME is unfortunate, but remember it could have happened to any other airline, but because it is Qantas the media make a song and dance about it.

I'm not at all saying Qantas is perfect, but I'm still very happy to fly Qantas, because the fact still remains they have not lost a jet aircraft. Yes Qantas has room for improvement, but I don't think there is many organisations around the place that could call themselves perfect. We need to keep our expectations real, and keep the full story in mind I think.

Just my 2c.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

I quite agree with you there Miss.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

missnoisy wrote:IMO, the media has been extremely unfair on Qantas of late. The two major incidens of late (QF72 and the 747 oxygen bottle incidents) were both the first of their kind, and in both cases Qantas was the unlucky airline they happened to. As a result changes are occuring which will make the aviation industry safer for all. A lot of the other incidents that have occurred have been relatively 'normal' things, that the media has blown out of proportion. Personally, I would much rather arrive somewhere a couple of hours late and safely than be flying on an unsafe aircraft, and have doubts that I would even make it to my destination.

One must also remember Qantas is operating a much older fleet than they planned to have at this point in time. This is due to the delay in delivery of new aircraft such as the A380 and 787, which is forcing Qantas to keep operating older aircraft, which require more time and money to maintain.

Yes this incident with the impersonation of a LAME is unfortunate, but remember it could have happened to any other airline, but because it is Qantas the media make a song and dance about it.

I'm not at all saying Qantas is perfect, but I'm still very happy to fly Qantas, because the fact still remains they have not lost a jet aircraft. Yes Qantas has room for improvement, but I don't think there is many organisations around the place that could call themselves perfect. We need to keep our expectations real, and keep the full story in mind I think.

Just my 2c.
This is over a year old.... wouldbt be suprised if the journalist keep throwing it back up
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

written_ficton wrote:
missnoisy wrote:IMO, the media has been extremely unfair on Qantas of late. The two major incidens of late (QF72 and the 747 oxygen bottle incidents) were both the first of their kind, and in both cases Qantas was the unlucky airline they happened to. As a result changes are occuring which will make the aviation industry safer for all. A lot of the other incidents that have occurred have been relatively 'normal' things, that the media has blown out of proportion. Personally, I would much rather arrive somewhere a couple of hours late and safely than be flying on an unsafe aircraft, and have doubts that I would even make it to my destination.

Just my 2c.
This is over a year old.... wouldbt be suprised if the journalist keep throwing it back up
Ohh yeah, knowing how the media work... they will look back on this and blame qantas.

hence the reputation comment above
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!