Non-Aviation Related posts

Aircraft, traffic control, air services

Moderators: Infernal, Nafenn, numloxx

jasonjag
Banned

Plane spotting

Post by jasonjag »

As a fanatic of Planes, I observed a Boeing 777 glide over the top of me in Carine today without a sound, watching it banked a little to left and lost sight of it behind trees, as too far from perth Airport, a lovely sight at 2000 ft above and tail marking looked like Italia ?.
Last edited by jasonjag on Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toottoot
Banned

Re: Plane spotting

Post by Toottoot »

jasonjag wrote:As a fanatic of Planes, I observed a Boing 777 glide over the top of me in Carine today without a sound, watching it banked a little to left and lost sight of it behind trees, as too far from perth Airport, a lovely sight at 2000 ft above and tail marking looked like Italia ?.
Now that is a resource worth preserving for future generations.
numloxx
Amateur callsign: VK6PCB

Post by numloxx »

jasonjag wrote:As a fanatic of Planes, I observed a Boing 777 glide over the top of me in Carine today without a sound, watching it banked a little to left and lost sight of it behind trees, as too far from perth Airport, a lovely sight at 2000 ft above and tail marking looked like Italia ?.
What time was this?
Sure it wasn't Emirates?
http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php? ... 328&nseq=1
jasonjag
Banned

Post by jasonjag »

[quote="numloxx"] [quote="jasonjag"]As a fanatic of Planes, I observed a Boing 777 glide over the top of me in Carine today without a sound, watching it banked a little to left and lost sight of it behind trees, as too far from perth Airport, a lovely sight at 2000 ft above and tail marking looked like Italia ?.[/quote]

What time was this?
Sure it wasn't Emirates?
[url]http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php? ... 328&nseq=1[/url][/quote]

Could have been Emerites, it was right above me ans the turn was when i saw the tail colours, hard to tell at that distance. Thanks for that great picture.
Night_Ryder
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Night_Ryder »

Your an airline fanatic yet you couldnt tell what airline it was.
ADMIN NOTE: Account details transferred to "Reevesy"
jasonjag
Banned

Apollo 62

Post by jasonjag »

Does any one know what Call sign "Apollo 62" is as i hear it a lot on the Aviation Freq 118.7 jj
spartacus
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: ONEDAYILLGETIT
Scanners and Receivers: ubc92xlt

Post by spartacus »

Is it NASA :?:
To stop displaying signatures, go to the User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Edit display options > Display signatures > No > Submit
jasonjag
Banned

Air China

Post by jasonjag »

spartacus wrote:Is it NASA :?:
No silly, its an AC that takes off and lands at Perth AP ,

An Air China AC is about to land, 20 miles out on Freq 118.7 Safety "Follow me Vehicle has been dispached to lead it to where ever, 2226 Just calle3d tower. jj
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

jj, i was listening to approach that day too and what you actually heard was "Polair 62". There are no aircraft operating out of YPPH using the callsign apollo.
jasonjag
Banned

Lisp in speach

Post by jasonjag »

Always RX wrote:jj, i was listening to approach that day too and what you actually heard was "Polair 62". There are no aircraft operating out of YPPH using the callsign apollo.
Well Ive heard it many times before, so the ACT controller either nick names Polair 62 that, or has a lisp in his speach. jj
numloxx
Amateur callsign: VK6PCB

Post by numloxx »

Can we please put topics like this in the proper forums.
Thanks

Topic now locked

Numloxx