Jobs at YPPH

Aircraft, traffic control, air services

Moderators: Infernal, Nafenn, numloxx

Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Jobs at YPPH

Post by Infernal »

Thought i would make a posting about jobs running at the Perth airport if any one is interested in getting their foot in the door of a air craft, or onto the apron at YPPH.

Qantas looking for part time baggage bay staff at Domestic.

http://www.seek.com.au/users/apply/inde ... D=14347443
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

geez kirk, you just want more company on the ramp dont you?
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
Infernal

Post by Infernal »

Domestic

i work INTL

and no we hate the QF boys they block our gear in over at the GSE Farm
jasonjag
Banned

Kirk is over other side

Post by jasonjag »

Nafenn wrote:geez kirk, you just want more company on the ramp dont you?
Kirk is on snob side over at Int, doesnt associate with lower class domestic yobbos lol...been there, done all thse job plus others, Stairs, JCPl, tug and baggage, cabin cleaning, cargo, etc, for 8 years, to hell with shift work, 25 hrs week not much of an offer for decent job, jj
Infernal

Post by Infernal »

we dont do cleaning or catering, we dont load via hand, all bags are container loaded, gotta love JQ the only A320 operator that loads Containers
numloxx
Amateur callsign: VK6PCB

Post by numloxx »

AO11912 wrote:we dont do cleaning or catering, we dont load via hand, all bags are container loaded, gotta love JQ the only A320 operator that loads Containers
Of course it's hand loaded... the bags have to get into the ULD somehow?
But knowing how some bags end up, I wouldn't be surprised if the tip the ULD on it's side, and just let the bags drop from a conveyor belt above hahaha
jasonjag
Banned

Thats happened

Post by jasonjag »

numloxx wrote:
AO11912 wrote:we dont do cleaning or catering, we dont load via hand, all bags are container loaded, gotta love JQ the only A320 operator that loads Containers
But knowing how some bags end up, I wouldn't be surprised if the tip the ULD on it's side, and just let the bags drop from a conveyor belt above hahaha
Thats happened before, back many years ago. we use to just turf the bags into the hold and 9/10 the handle broke off, so toss that in too, but we use to load straight from Tug trollys and chuck them up to the person (midget) in the hold, lol , workers get it easy these days compaired to my years at qantas in early 80's, jj
Last edited by jasonjag on Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Re: Thats happened

Post by written_ficton »

jasonjag wrote:
numloxx wrote:
Thats happened before, back many years ago. we use toi just turf the bags into the hold and 9/10 the handle broke off, so toss that in too, but we use to load straighr from Tug trollys and chuck them up to the person (midget) in the hold, lol , workers get iot easy these days compaired to my years at qantas in early 80's, jj
back in the golden days hey?
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

jasonjag wrote:we use toi just turf the bags into the hold and 9/10 the handle broke off, so toss that in too
So it was YOUR fault then. :lol:
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
jasonjag
Banned

Post by jasonjag »

auntys_eyes wrote:
jasonjag wrote:we use toi just turf the bags into the hold and 9/10 the handle broke off, so toss that in too
So it was YOUR fault then. :lol:
Yes it was our fault, if we tipped up the bags on thier ends, coins and golf balls fell out, lol, they were the good old days, except for Air india, the plane stunk so much we were issued with propper gas masks to clean the cabin/toilets, we use to have to go on board with the Customs bloke soon as it landed when he sprayed a couple cans of bug killer through the AC, an 8 hr shift may have comprised of 1-3 B707 and 1 B747 when they started. lol we had 45 mins to turn a B707 around and 1.15 for a B747 from Chocks to chocks. for those old enough to remember the old terminal, if a plane was delayed arriving, we just lay on the grass in front of the terminal and hoped it didnt come, so the next shift would get it. I could tell you many funny stories of those days. lol jj