Aircraft, traffic control, air services

Moderators: Infernal, Nafenn, numloxx

Nafenn

Red Bull Air Race 2008 Frequencies

Post by Nafenn »

The Following are the KNOWN frequencies for the Red Bull Air Race 2008

120.85 Race Control to Air ("The Box") Confirmed
127.90 Air Port Control (Langley Tower) Confirmed
465.075 (Some kind of Controll Channel - full details unknown)

104.10 Mhz - Commentary Confirmed
465.90 - Commentary (Alternate) Confirmed

If you know any other frequencies, please Post them, and we will add them to the list.
Last edited by Nafenn on Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:23 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
nra555
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nra555 »

CTCSS/DCS?

Arnt they on VHF anyway? i would have thought it'd be alot hard to do that then on UHF, with all the UHF commercial gear beeing out there, you cant just got to a comms store and buy a radio without beeing asked for a reason for wanting it, eg business use/ham use, espeacley on the aviation band....
PRC-555
NRA-555

nra.org.au - join today to make UHF CB a more enjoyable band to use!
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

nra555 wrote:CTCSS/DCS?

Arnt they on VHF anyway? i would have thought it'd be alot hard to do that then on UHF, with all the UHF commercial gear beeing out there, you cant just got to a comms store and buy a radio without beeing asked for a reason for wanting it, eg business use/ham use, espeacley on the aviation band....
All (voice communications) aviation frequencies are VHF.
Nathan Fenn

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
jasonjag
Banned

RBAR Freq tipoff

Post by jasonjag »

Talking to the manager at Rescue 65 CHC, they know the frequency, but can not tell, unless you walk in and see it up on the white board, he said, listen to Jandakot Tower Sat and Sun, some one for sure who is flying will have forgotten the freq for RBAR and ask the tower who will give it out to that pilot,,thats the closest ive got to finding out, but he said he would tell me on Monday, Also any one who is a pilot and can get into Royal Aero club, its bound to be up in a white board there I think, ? LOL jj
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

Dear Nathan,

Thanks for your message! You will be able to pick up the race via radio on FM 104.1 mhz.

Kind regards
Barbara

Barbara Proske - Red Bull Air Race GmbH
Press Office
Red Bull Air Race GmbH
Petersbrunnstrasse 17
5020 Salzburg
Austria
only info RBAR would give me, awaiting a responce from AsA
Nathan Fenn

nra555
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nra555 »

Nafenn wrote:
nra555 wrote:CTCSS/DCS?

All (voice communications) aviation frequencies are VHF.
That's what i ment, you cant buy a Air Band radio without people asking questions, and getting it programmed for the RBAR frequencies would be a mission too one would assume.
either way, doesnt really bother me, i don't have a scanner, i use UHF commercial gear so i cant get that anyway.

I know its off topic and ill probably get abused for it, but anyone selling a decent scanner (portable), I want to join the VBFB and i would like one so i can stay up to date with the happenings...
PRC-555
NRA-555

nra.org.au - join today to make UHF CB a more enjoyable band to use!
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

nra555 wrote:I know its off topic and ill probably get abused for it, but anyone selling a decent scanner (portable), I want to join the VBFB and i would like one so i can stay up to date with the happenings...
Nobody should be abusing anybody ;)

But ... do you want to post that question again in the "For Sale" section so people can respond directly to you there, rather than taking this thread off it's original purpose? That way it keeps things in their proper place...

Cheers! :P
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
MooreFire

Post by MooreFire »

I had my scanner in at work with me today and these are the frequencies that where being used.

The Following are the Comfirmed frequencies for the Red Bull Air Race 2008

120.85 Race Control to Air
127.90 Air Port Control
jasonjag
Banned

How sure are you

Post by jasonjag »

MooreFire wrote:I had my scanner in at work with me today and these are the frequencies that where being used.

The Following are the Comfirmed frequencies for the Red Bull Air Race 2008

120.85 Race Control to Air
127.90 Air Port Control
Not doubting you, but I was there yesterday and had both those frequencys locked in and heard not a peep, these freq were quoted before in earlier post,but not proven, these freq were used by ATC for the Australia day flights ? jj
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

Im going to ask Doug (Zedebee) to confirm those frequencies for me tomorrow.

im sure he will let us know how it goes
Nathan Fenn

jasonjag
Banned

Post by jasonjag »

Nafenn wrote:Im going to ask Doug (Zedebee) to confirm those frequencies for me tomorrow.

Great, I will be there and try them out again,,, jj
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zebedee »

Nafenn wrote:Im going to ask Doug (Zedebee) to confirm those frequencies for me tomorrow.

Yep - I've got them programmed into my IC91 now, and will try and remember to take it to work tomorrow. I'm in the city up towards the old Entertainment Centre, so I should be able to tell pretty quickly which ones are active and which ones aren't :)

It is very dark.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zebedee »

120.850 and 127.900 are both active as of 12:00 noon today.

120.850 appears to be ground-to-plane. 127.900 appears to be for the air strip, as best as I can tell from listening quietly at work ;)

It is very dark.
jasonjag
Banned

Good on ya Doug

Post by jasonjag »

Zebedee wrote:120.850 and 127.900 are both active as of 12:00 noon today.

120.850 appears to be ground-to-plane. 127.900 appears to be for the air strip, as best as I can tell from listening quietly at work ;)
Good on you Doug, glad you were listening out and not doing any work,, jj
MooreFire

sure as sure

Post by MooreFire »

jasonjag wrote:
Not doubting you, but I was there yesterday and had both those frequencys locked in and heard not a peep, these freq were quoted before in earlier post,but not proven, these freq were used by ATC for the Australia day flights ? jj
Maybe you should make sure the plans are actually flying before come out and doubt somebody jj