A380 Coming to Perth

Aircraft, traffic control, air services

Moderators: Infernal, Nafenn, numloxx

donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

[quote="written_ficton"]I'll be the bookie, got a $5 that the A380 will be 15mins late[/quote

make it a tenner that it has to divert to another airport due to "computer glitches"
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
jasonjag
Banned

Naw

Post by jasonjag »

donks wrote:
written_ficton wrote:I'll be the bookie, got a $5 that the A380 will be 15mins late[/quote

make it a tenner that it has to divert to another airport due to "computer glitches"
It flew over yesterday,see the pic below this text.... jj
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Top news, is I'll be there - where exactly I don't know, and won't know until we arrive there. I'll be there "Officially" with St.John - I promise, I will take my camera, but don't have the best camera.

Pics to follow on Wednesday ;)

That is ofcourse, IF we are allowed cameras :)
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Post by Infernal »

We well be down there around 1300 to watch it go then off to do our air side drivers course.

We have been told to leave for work early so we get there on time :shock:
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Re: Naw

Post by written_ficton »

jasonjag wrote:
donks wrote:
written_ficton wrote:I'll be the bookie, got a $5 that the A380 will be 15mins late[/quote

It flew over yesterday,see the pic below this text.... jj
Dude that's a DC-3!!!!!!
Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Post by Infernal »

Hy guys.

The access road to the car park will be closed off, and access will be to car park card, ASIC holders and delivery drivers, walking camera holders allowed.

I dare say WAC will clamp down on illegal parking tomorrow, and please dont fill up our car park at the office works building on Grogan Rd.

No Us ASIC holders and Airport workers are not allowed near bay 50 without a valid reason, and penalty's apply, and the Southern link road has been closed (internal airport road from bay 50 INTL to gate 4 DOM) we have been informed to use Tonkin HWY, gate 1 will also be closed and no access through that gate.

The rule is 3 mtrs land side and 2 mtrs air side clearance from the fence of objects that can be used to gain access air side (including ladders), i know has been over looked in the past for spotters, but i doubt it will be overlooked tomorrow, so if you take a ladder and dont want any trouble, keep back 3 meters

Hope you have a great day
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Currently seen doing circuits around the city at 8:05 [5minutes behind schedule!]
yorky

Post by yorky »

God bless the 03 arrival.

I was as planned under the final approach and got a good in-action look :)
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

yorky wrote:God bless the 03 arrival.

No point just telling us.... pictures speak thousand words
yorky

Post by yorky »

I didn't take any pictures. I'll wait for the people with 'real' cameras later on.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

yorky wrote:God bless the 03 arrival.

DAM YOU!!!

my house is just under the 24 glideslope, was hoping i had a slight chance... but noooooooooo!
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
Bungarra

Post by Bungarra »

Flew over my house on final approach, camera died before I got a shot of it. Was quiter than I thought it would be. went to AP at 1100 and had a closer look, preferred it going over the top.
jasonjag
Banned

A380 Arrival and departure

Post by jasonjag »

I was at Domestic spotters area at 7am and got good shots of her as she flew over Inter Terminal and AP, circled city 2 times and landed 03, used full length and rolled to end, stoped few mins due to taxi way confusion,then taxied to bay 60, waited a couple hours and went to inter side and got more pics, watched all the AFP and local police get thier pic taken under the nose, what hype, Police stopped people parking on tonkin near Leach and walking into bush, through old fence, I went back to domestic side for taxi and grand take off, FANTASTIC.. jj

Edit: I was told by a Qantas Empoyee that the next A380 due in November was coming to Perth in Late December for 4 weeks of training,,and another empoyee told me that Emerites would be coming into Perth with thier A380 by end of December. I do not know how true this info is, jj
Last edited by jasonjag on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gkoutlis

Re: A380 Arrival and departure

Post by gkoutlis »

jasonjag wrote:I was at Domestic spotters area at 7am and got good shots of her as she flew over Inter Terminal and AP, circled city 2 times and landed 03, used full length and rolled to end, stoped few mins due to taxi way confusion,then taxied to bay 60, waited a couple hours and went to inter side and got more pics, watched all the AFP and local police get thier pic taken under the nose, what hype, Police stopped people parking on tonkin near Leach and walking into bush, through old fence, I went back to domestic side for taxi and grand take off, FANTASTIC.. jj
Hey JJ did i see you today in the Kombi? With 2 Orange globes on the roof? Should have come say hi...
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
numloxx
Amateur callsign: VK6PCB

Post by numloxx »

Hi all,

She looks great, can't wait to fly her.
Photos taken from just west of Cummins off Horrie Millar Drive, and Newton Road up the north end.

ImageImage ImageImage ImageImage
ImageImage ImageImage ImageImage