Aircraft, traffic control, air services

Moderators: Infernal, Nafenn, numloxx

written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Re: VB's New Embraer Jets

Post by written_ficton »

orangepeel wrote:All about the mighty $$$$

Our airline is a aussie registered company and i also beleive they have a major office (maybe even head office - or close to it) in Australia
But its run by Solomon's
I've closed the door!
orangepeel

Post by orangepeel »

Don't know where u got that info from. Our airline is headed from Nauru and Brisbane. The only thing with the solomons is that they route thru there.

They have an Aussie aoc
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Yeah Sorry, my mistake... The old Air Nauru, interesting
I've closed the door!
Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Post by Infernal »

written_ficton wrote:Why do they use a foreign airline when they can get an australian company? saying that Alliance or Skywest could have easily picked it up in their FK100, why ferry and aircraft from the east coast?? #-o #-o

Alliance and Skywest, have a prety bust RPT scehdual during the week, and may not have had a aircraft avialble to fly, Alliance normally do run up there, however Virgin have been seen running up their with 737-800, this may because the return flight dose not normally come back to perth, rather going to adalaide instead.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Alliance have contracted mine runs, do they have RPT??
I've closed the door!
yorky

Post by yorky »

I was told today Aus Post Express service is a 3 week journey to Christmas Island? And Aus Post normal is 3 months :shock:

Do they use these aircraft services?
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

yorky wrote:I was told today Aus Post Express service is a 3 week journey to Christmas Island? And Aus Post normal is 3 months :shock:

Do they use these aircraft services?
Yes RPT services to the Islands. They don't charter any aircraft, just use the scheduled run... Same as the ADL - DRW service they buy space on the DJ aircraft
I've closed the door!
Infernal

Post by Infernal »

written_ficton wrote:Alliance have contracted mine runs, do they have RPT??
RPT is regular Passenger Transport, regardless of weather they are miners or not, they are still passengers and regulary transported...

Also im lead to belive Alliance is the only way to get to Laverton, and leanora direct from perth.

Virgin ran a 737-800 operating DJ9002, to Christmas Island on Wednsday morning, this was a extra govt Charter and not the new flights
Effective April 1

Perth to Christmas Island to Perth
DJ2903 PER 1320 XCH 1620 E190 (Thu)
DJ2904 XCH 1705 PER 2135 E190 (Thu)

Perth to Christmas Island to Cocos (Keeling) Islands to Perth
DJ2901 PER 1100 XCH 1400 E190 (Sat)
DJ2952 XCH 1445 CCK 1555 E190 (Sat)
DJ2908 CCK 1640 PER 2215 E190 (Sat)

Perth to Cocos (Keeling) Islands to Christmas Island to Perth
DJ2907 PER 1100 CCK 1410 E190 (Tue)
DJ2953 CCK 1455 XCH 1705 E190 (Tue)
DJ2904 XCH 1750 PER 2220 E190 (Tue)
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

I always thought it was regular as in scheduled sevices.
Also im lead to belive Alliance is the only way to get to Laverton, and leanora direct from perth.
This is incorrect, Skippers have the scheduled minining routes that see them fly to destinations such as Leonora, Laverton, Meekatharra, Wiluna and Mt Magnet.

Alliance have the 'closed' RPT charters with the mining companies that pays for the whole aircraft, regardless if 1 passenger is carried or 99!

It's all confusion...
I've closed the door!
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Not forgetting Skywest also flies out to the different towns...unless they're part of "The Alliance" in which case you obviously haven't :)
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

This is a cut and paste from the relevant page on www.dpi.wa.gov.au

The Department of Transport facilitates the provision of regular public transport (RPT) air services within Western Australia. The Minister for Transport has powers under the Transport Coordination Act 1966 to licence aircraft and place conditions on licences to control where and when airlines may fly within the State. The powers do not apply to interstate or international air services.

The following companies, listed in alphabetical order, provide regular public transport air services within Western Australia:

Air North Services Broome and Kununurra
Cobham Aviation Services Perth, Christmas Island, Cocos Islands and Kambalda
Golden Eagle Airlines
Services Broome, Derby, Fitzroy Crossing and Halls Creek
Qantaslink Services Perth, Broome, Kalgoorlie, Karratha, Kununurra, Newman, Paraburdoo and Port Hedland
Skippers Aviation
Services Perth, Laverton, Leinster, Leonora, Meekatharra, Mt Magnet and Wiluna
Skywest
Services Perth, Albany, Broome, Carnarvon, Esperance, Exmouth, Geraldton, Kalbarri, Kalgoorlie, Karratha, Kununurra, Monkey Mia, Newman, Paraburdoo and Port Hedland
Strategic (formerly Ozjet) Services Perth and Derby
Virgin Blue Services Perth, Broome, Kalgoorlie, Karratha, Kununurra, Newman and Port Hedland.

The current system of intrastate regular passenger transport (RPT) air services consists of a combination of:

Deregulated air services; and

Regulated air services.

Deregulated air services

Competition is permitted on deregulated routes. There are eight deregulated RPT routes in Western Australia that connect Perth with Broome, Kalgoorlie, Kambalda, Karratha, Kununurra, Paraburdoo, Port Hedland and Newman. Competition is therefore permitted on these routes. The Perth to Ravensthorpe route is also deregulated, but since the closure of an adjacent mine, the service no longer operates.

Regulated air services

Competition is not permitted on regulated routes. Regulated routes are approved by the Minister for Transport and consist of routes where there are insufficient passengers to support more than one airline. There are three types of regulated air service operating in Western Australia:

Networks where services to a number of airports are limited to one airline without any Government subsidy;

Protected route where one airline provides a service to and from one airport without any Government subsidy; and

Subsidised air service where one airline provides a service that is subsidised by the Government.

Networks: There are two Network arrangements in Western Australia. The licences to operate the Networks were awarded following a competitive tender process. Services commenced on 1 January 2006 and are approved to operate until 30 June 2010. Under the Transport Coordination Regulations 1985, the airlines are required to provide comprehensive statistics to the Department each month so that service levels may be monitored.

Skippers Aviation operates the Northern Goldfields Network, which includes Laverton, Leinster, Leonora, Meekatharra, Mt Magnet and Wiluna.

Skywest Airlines operates the Coastal Network, which includes Albany, Carnarvon, Esperance, Geraldton, Kalbarri, Learmonth (Exmouth) and Monkey Mia (Shark Bay).
Protected route: There is one protected route between Perth and Derby (Curtin).

The Strategic Airlines Group currently operates this service through its subsidiary Ozjet and holds the licence to operate this service until 30 June 2010.
Subsidised air service: The Kimberley subsidised air service operates between Broome, Fitzroy Crossing and Halls Creek.

Golden Eagle Airlines was awarded the licence to operate this service through a competitive tender process. The service is subsidised by the WA Government under a shortfall subsidy arrangement until 30 June 2010.
I've closed the door!
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Christmas Island / Coco's route has approx 80passengers on board... Not a bad start. Cargo is filled to the brim!
I've closed the door!
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Say goodbye to the DJ EMB-170 type aircraft

I wouldnt be suprised to see some turboprops enter with Virgin Blue shortly..
I've closed the door!
Infernal

Post by Infernal »

DJ are getting 330-200 from Ethihad
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

AO11912 wrote:DJ are getting 330-200 from Ethihad
heard something about that at the aerocare interview
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!