Aircraft, traffic control, air services

Moderators: Infernal, Nafenn, numloxx

Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Re: VB's New Embraer Jets

Post by Infernal »

Yep they are earmarked to fly to Perth

Yet T3 has no parking space for a 330

To park on bay T3 16, the only bay the 330 can get on, due old tower and wing span trying to make love, this then renders bay T3 bay 17 and T2 bay 15 un usable due wing span
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Sources indicate that they were coming from Emirates? But saying that no serial number has been exposed, so it can be all a guessing game.

Initially the routes are PER - MEL / SYD to provide capacity in certain times where demand exceeds availability, but with just two aircraft at the start its going to be a slow progress.

It's great to see Virgin Expanding into Widebodies, the 777 they operate on some routes are completely the wrong choice, the A330 certainly fills the niche perfect..
I've closed the door!
Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Post by Infernal »

Sorry they are getting the 330's from Emirates

They are getting a code share with Etihad

What routes are the 777's on that are the wrong choice?

All I see them on is MEL JNB, MEL LAX, SYD LAX, BNE LAX, SYD NAN, MEL HKT, BNE HKT, the only route that they could drop is SYD NAN, the rest seem like a 777 route
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

777's are really not the best suited to Lesuire routes, Phuket and Nadi which were the first to go [with pleasure] you cant put a long haul / class aircraft on a lesuire route when your chasing $$$

The Emirates A330's will be leased from the leasing company as Emirates will be pushing them back.

Thank God the EMB-170's are going though.
I've closed the door!