October, November, December 2008 Sightings

Aircraft, traffic control, air services

Moderators: Infernal, Nafenn, numloxx

Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Post by Infernal »

Air China B767 REG B-2496 whit some high security boffin on board parked on bay 56, left around 10ish
Infernal

Post by Infernal »

Malaysia Air Cargo "MASKARGO"

B747-400F

Reg 9M-MPS currently Parked on bay 50 not sure when it will leave Perth, saw them unloading containers, with horse transport written on the side

Pix shot with phone

Infernal

Post by Infernal »

this is a note worthy sighting

C130 from the RAF A/C is now AOG (aircraft on ground) waiting for spares from UK
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

AO11912 wrote:this is a note worthy sighting

C130 from the RAF A/C is now AOG (aircraft on ground) waiting for spares from UK
We can't assist them with spares from our stores? Surely they could have some co-operation amongst allies regarding spares etc. You know something like we'll sling you a carton and the cost of a new part.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

At least 2 RAAF Hawks have been training out of Albany airport over the past week or so.
missnoisy

Post by missnoisy »

Tyranus wrote: We can't assist them with spares from our stores? Surely they could have some co-operation amongst allies regarding spares etc. You know something like we'll sling you a carton and the cost of a new part.
The RAAF's Hercules are all based out of RAAF Richmond (near Sydney), which would be the nearest location of parts. But the amount of paperwork transferring parts to another country would be ridiculous, and it would probably be quicker and easier to get the parts out of the UK anyway!

With some newer aircraft types such as the C-17s, contracts are put in place with the aircraft manufacturer (Boeing in this case) to maintain a global supply of parts and all nations operating the type are able to access this supply where needed, rather than the old model of stores being maintained by the operating nation.
Sarah
jasonjag
Banned

same as

Post by jasonjag »

Tyranus wrote:
AO11912 wrote:this is a note worthy sighting

We can't assist them with spares from our stores? Surely they could have some co-operation amongst allies regarding spares etc. You know something like we'll sling you a carton and the cost of a new part.
Same as whem Emerites could not raise landing gear, Qantas would not help with lifting jacks from Sydney, so they had to look after them selves several days later,, surely each Country airline can assist an other when in need, one day Qantas will bite its own a'ss in Dubai.. jj
numloxx
Amateur callsign: VK6PCB

Post by numloxx »

I think its to do with the handling agents..
Qantas doesn't handle Emirates, Skystar/Toll Dnata does.
Engineering wise I think Cathay looks after them?
jasonjag
Banned

I know

Post by jasonjag »

numloxx wrote:I think its to do with the handling agents..
I know Qantas does not hanle them, what I meant was why could not Qantas come to their aid, maybe Qantas will need thier help one day,I was told by a security Gate person, when they asked Qantas for help, Qantas told them to get lost, (hearsay) ,,jj
Infernal

Re: I know

Post by Infernal »

jasonjag wrote:
numloxx wrote:I think its to do with the handling agents..
I know Qantas does not hanle them, what I meant was why could not Qantas come to their aid, maybe Qantas will need thier help one day,I was told by a security Gate person, when they asked Qantas for help, Qantas told them to get lost, (hearsay) ,,jj
Skystar and Toll are a separate company Numlox, Toll does EK, where as we at Skystar only do Jetstar.

Qantas are jerks when it comes to lending out equipment, they charge us Skystar/Jetstar $200 per hour to use the GPU, where as when Cathay were here they just said fill the tank up when your done.

Qantas want to charge for use of Chocks Cones, they own the Diesel Bousers on site and make aerocare drive all the way to INTL to fill up their gear. they have several staff rooms over at INTL and wont let them up for any other company's to use, at present we have no office in the terminal.
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

I dont think you'll find many businesses around Kirk that will actively do anything that assists thier competitors. Qantas are running an airline, not a friendship society, and they really have nothing to gain by lending anyone a hand. Thats just my cynical point of view anyway.
Infernal

Post by Infernal »

Tru, but every one needs every one on the ramp, the friendliness between us and Toll Dnata means we can borrow any thing from them if needed, and vise versa, with out a price tag.

simple thing from holding a door open for them, to giving one of them a lift on a tug, saying thanks when they hold a door open for them, and you keep that relationship, Qantas forget it, sure we offer the engineers a lift and they help us move the aircraft asap, if we weren't friendly to the QF engineers, they could say no we wont move it till the bay is needed, and we could be there till midnight, the ramp boys and baggage boys at QF, different story they are stuck up, they think they own the place, they wont even give you the time of day i wave to them when i drive past them, but you get nothing back in return, Toll Guys always wave back, because at the end of the day we all have to share the same work place, we all have a job done and we know that we can get help if we need it.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

ahhh so it's only some Qantas staff. Reality is everywhere you go there's going to be some people like that. Especially when you've got competition right on your doorstep and you can't exactly just move to different location. You can only keep trying and some staff will appreciate the gestures and reciprocate them, others will not be interested. Joys of a city, as apposed to a country town!
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
rob

sighting on wed

Post by rob »

Yesterday i saw a white large aircraft taxi to intl terminal but could not see any markings on it can anyone tell me what this may have been please.
ConstableCare
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: sighting on wed

Post by ConstableCare »

rob wrote:Yesterday i saw a white large aircraft taxi to intl terminal but could not see any markings on it can anyone tell me what this may have been please.
USAF B757...