Aircraft, traffic control, air services

Moderators: Infernal, Nafenn, numloxx

written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Re: sighting on wed

Post by written_ficton »

ConstableCare wrote:
rob wrote:Yesterday i saw a white large aircraft taxi to intl terminal but could not see any markings on it can anyone tell me what this may have been please.
USAF B757...
Covert strike team?
I've closed the door!
ConstableCare
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ConstableCare »

USAF 227th Special Operations Flight...
rob

Post by rob »

Thanks very much for that and sorry i should have put this in the sticky but still learning how to operate the system.
rob
:oops:
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

rob wrote:Thanks very much for that and sorry i should have put this in the sticky but still learning how to operate the system.
rob
:oops:
Not a problem Merged With the Sticky
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
Airwaves

Re: October, November, December 2008 Sightings

Post by Airwaves »

Are there issues with communication between Perth and Melbourne this arvo. It seems as though a flight path or two aren`t being able to be followed. There was only phone link to Melbourne. Is this normal. An aircraft had PAX and engines running and seemed a little annoyed at having to wait for a flight plan.
Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Post by Infernal »

Airwaves

Post by Airwaves »

unusual Apron setup at KGI this arvo. QF1064/65 737-800 sitting on far left (looking from terminal) Skippers Aircraft on Bay 2 looking to straight at the freight facility and SkyWest XR 82 Fokker 100 on Bay 5 at the rear of the apron. Should of really parked the aircraft at the end of the runway to just take straight off from there. Haven`t seen the rear bay used since April 8th 2005, When 3 QF planes, a Toll (I think) and 2 Virgin Blue planes were in kalg all at the same time due to Fog at PER. (ps may have bay numbers incorrect) Wish I could have taken a pic.
Infernal

Post by Infernal »

Emirates are running the 777-200's into Perth on the Evening run
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Nice to see the 777's out and about...
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Infernal

Post by Infernal »

777-300 in tonight
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

AO11912 wrote:777-300 in tonight
Been like that for several days.... pity that they have to fly an additional crew out to fly the plane back.
I've closed the door!
scoreed

Helicopter patrolling coast?

Post by scoreed »

Does anybody know anything about the large helicopter that was going up and down the coast near hillarys last night around 10pm. It had a large searchlight going directly down but that was all i could see because of large trees in the way.
Nafenn

Re: Helicopter patrolling coast?

Post by Nafenn »

scoreed wrote:Does anybody know anything about the large helicopter that was going up and down the coast near hillarys last night around 10pm. It had a large searchlight going directly down but that was all i could see because of large trees in the way.
most likley Polair, but dont quote me on that
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Yeah I would agree with Naf, as it's far too late for the Westpac Helicopter (looking after the Shark Aerial Patrols) - would be up at that hour. And doubt it would be Rescue 65... who knows, probably Polair I'd say.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
yorky

Post by yorky »

Nothing on the Flight Tracker around that time accept for what appears to be an aircraft flying at very low level up and down the coast (does it look a little strange to you Nafenn? Tracker says its cruising up and down at only 25-50meters).

No heli's.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator