WA Aviation Incidents and Accidents

Aircraft, traffic control, air services

Moderators: Infernal, Nafenn, numloxx

gkoutlis

Re: WA Aviation Incidents and Accidents

Post by gkoutlis »

Unknown type of aircraft - abnormal landing at Jandakot this morning.

Canning Vale Pump, LT and 2.4 attended applied peat sorb and clearing the scene.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Magnus
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Magnus »

A pilot was forced to make an emergency landing at Jandakot Airport this morning after smoke was seen coming from the engine of his vintage aircraft.

Two people on board the Tiger Moth plane spotted smoke at about 10.15am.

A police spokeswoman said the situation was declared an emergency but the pilot landed safely and neither of the occupants were injured.

A Department of Fire and Emergency Services spokeswoman said fours crews attended and investigated an oil leak in the aircraft.

"We have left the situation and police and the airport personnel are now taking care of it," she said.
"The area was made safe and everything was fine."
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

Magnus wrote:A pilot was forced to make an emergency landing at Jandakot Airport this morning after smoke was seen coming from the engine of his vintage aircraft.

Two people on board the Tiger Moth plane spotted smoke at about 10.15am.

A police spokeswoman said the situation was declared an emergency but the pilot landed safely and neither of the occupants were injured.

A Department of Fire and Emergency Services spokeswoman said fours crews attended and investigated an oil leak in the aircraft.

"We have left the situation and police and the airport personnel are now taking care of it," she said.
"The area was made safe and everything was fine."
dammed Tiger moths, one cracked a cylinder a few years ago - they just got back.
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
Magnus
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Magnus »

A power glider has crashed near Hamelin Bay on the south-west coast of WA.

The incident occurred near Caves Road and Hamelin Bay West Road about 12.30pm today.

It is understood the glider ran into trouble and was forced onto rocks on a cliff.

The RAC Rescue chopper will fly the man to Royal Perth Hospital for treatment.
The extent of the man’s injuries remains unknown.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Another paragliding incident - this time in Busselton. Rescue 65 mobile 0940.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
LighteningCrashes
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: Tait2020

Post by LighteningCrashes »

A light plane has crashed at the north western end of the Kununurra Airport. The two occupants of the aircraft are on their way to hospital, but managed to walk away from the flipped plane. At present the runway is closed.
nachoman
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nachoman »

"EIGHT people have escaped uninjured from a light aircraft which crash-landed at Perth Airport early this morning"
Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Post by Infernal »

VH-MXD Cessna citation 550, the landing gear collapsed during take off run on runway 21 this morning at 0630 local.

With 6 passengers and 2 pilots.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

nachoman wrote:"EIGHT people have escaped uninjured from a light aircraft which crash-landed at Perth Airport early this morning"
I love the haphazard reporting of this. Depending on where you get your news from, the plane "crash landed because it's landing gear did not extend" (according to PerthNow), or perhaps "the landing gear failed as it was taxi-ing for take-off" (if you read The West Australian). If you listened to 94.5 this morning, the news guy on there said that there was "nobody on board" - I really think he meant to say there was nobody injured ;) If you read WA Today then you'll learn that "a light aircraft crash landed on take off" which is quite a clever feat - crash landing on take-off! That article quotes someone from Perth Airport saying that tyres blew and the aircraft had to abort its take-off and became disabled on the runway.

FlightRadar24 shows the plane starting its take-off run and then coming to a halt on the runway.

The aircraft was a Cessna Citation, registration VH-MXD.
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Post by Infernal »

I think the best report is the ABCs

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-03-25/j ... rt/4592418

An aircraft, or Learjet as they called it, aborted a take off, because its gear collapsed during taxi to the runway...

I'm yet to work out how an aircraft can start a take off, to abort one, if its gear collapsed before it go to the runway to take off!
numloxx
Amateur callsign: VK6PCB

Post by numloxx »

http://www.perthairport.com.au/aboutus/ ... _2013.aspx

MEDIA STATEMENT 25 MARCH 2013

March 25, 2013

At approximately 6.02am this morning during a routine departure on the main runway (03/21), a small jet aircraft aborted take-off.

The two main gear tyres blew and, as a result, the aircraft became disabled on the runway.
There were nine passengers on board, and there were no injuries.
Operations at Perth Airport are continuing as usual, with all aircraft using the cross runway until the disabled aircraft is removed. It is estimated the main runway (03/21) will reopen by 10.00am.
No delays to other aircraft have occurred.

- ENDS -
MEDIA CONTACT:
Fiona Lander
Executive General Manager | Corporate Affairs
Perth Airport Pty Ltd
Media Line: 08 9478 8877
allycat
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden 536HP DMR,NXDN Uniden USDS100 DMR,NXDN Codan NGT

Post by allycat »

Anyone here of a Cathay Pacific plane coming into Perth last night. Apparently had hydraulic leak in landing gear.From Singapore.
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

allycat wrote:Anyone here of a Cathay Pacific plane coming into Perth last night. Apparently had hydraulic leak in landing gear.From Singapore.
Yes, Cathay came in last night with some issues. There were no problems during the approach or landing. The aircraft is still on the ground at perth undergoing repairs.
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
nachoman
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nachoman »

Reports of a plane with engine fire after take off from Perth Airport
appears to be: http://flightaware.com/live/flight/VHNJI
yorky

Post by yorky »

Reported to have landed safely.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator