Moderators: Infernal, Nafenn, numloxx

Mug
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93xlt

Re: WA Aviation Incidents and Accidents

Post by Mug »

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western ... 6159528486

Does anyone have any information on this?
The article is rubbish and I can't fin any others.
EDIT: Don't worry, article has been updated.
¡¡¡ʎɐq-ǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq oʇ ƃuıoƃ ɯı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
Magnus
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Magnus »

Light plane's front wheel collapses on landing at Jandakot

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/ne ... -jandakot/
LighteningCrashes
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: Tait2020

Post by LighteningCrashes »

Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

At 8pm last night, in Broome, a light twin went missing after takeoff. No ELT and no distress call, just vanised into the night. After 3 hours of searching in the water for the aircraft, it was located in sand dunes off the end of the runway. The plane was flying a regular freight run between Broome and Port Headland, the only person on board was the pilot (a 27 yearold male), who is believed to have been killed on impact.
Plane wreck found at Cable Beach, one dead
http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/ne ... ble-beach/

A desperate search ended in tragedy last night when a young pilot died after a plane crash near Broome’s Cable Beach.
The twin-engine Piper Seneca, owned by Golden Eagle Airlines, was reported to have been experiencing engine difficulties after it took off from Broome Airport.
It was initially believed to have crashed into the ocean off Cable Beach about 8.15pm.
Police, Sea and Rescue members and the Port Hedland Port Authority started searching for the wreckage about 300m to 800m offshore.

They were joined by two Customs vessels and an Emergency Services plane.
The plane was eventually found in sand dunes near the end of the runway just after midnight.
The male pilot was the only person aboard the plane, which was carrying cargo to Port Hedland.
The body of the 27-year-old pilot has been recovered.

Golden Eagle Airlines this morning released a statement saying the company was mourning the loss of a friend and pilot.
“Our condolences go out to his family and friends,” the statement said. “The company appreciates the rapid response of personnel involved in the search and rescue operations.”
The statement said the Piper Seneca aircraft had been on a regular freight flight and took off in good conditions.

http://www.nearmap.com/?ll=-17.944155,1 ... d=20111105<- This link shows the approximate crash site. The right hand side is the end of the runway at Broome Airport, and the dunes on the left. As bad as it may sound, when they released the name of the pilot I was quite relieved, because I know a couple of pilots at that company, and was dreading the possibility that one of they may have been flying.

It's always sad losing a fellow pilot in a crash - but the industry goes on, and hopefully the investigation willl find out exactly what happened, why it happened, and what can be done not to avoid the situation in the future.

RIP.
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Abnormal Landing of aircraft - Jandakot Airport.

Success
Murdoch
Canning Vale with 2.4
Jandakot 12.2

- Unconfirmed the plane has landed with damage to aircraft with fuel spill?

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

Air Australia Seneca I would say it was VH-REJ
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

Helitak_670 wrote:Air Australia Seneca I would say it was VH-REJ
Probably ESY, REJ is their 177... but yes, i'd put money on it being Air Australia
Nathan Fenn

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

My bad for the wrong rego, i can tell you it is air australia.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

Apparently a Jabiru aircraft has crashed near Wungong Dam. Plane's a mess but the pilot's OK.

https://twitter.com/WA_Police/status/266731736946339840
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
allycat
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden 536HP DMR,NXDN Uniden USDS100 DMR,NXDN Codan NGT

Post by allycat »

Any one hear anything about a plane with smoke in cockpit making a landing around 3pm.May have been training exercise.
Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Post by Infernal »

Netowrk Aviation VH-NQE Hard Landing at Nifty OCT 19

Aircraft is still at Nifty

http://avherald.com/h?article=457e0a83&opt=0
w0mbat
Scanners and Receivers: AOR 8200 MKIII

Post by w0mbat »

Just had WAPOL and 4 appliances go past with lights so I guess there has been an incident....
End of Line
Magnus
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Magnus »

Steve
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Steve »

A single engine Piper Cherokee aircraft had just taken off when it experienced engine trouble and lost all power. The pilot attempted to land the aircraft safely however it crash landed in a bush area within the Jandakot Airport boundaries. There were three people on board, one received injuries and has been taken to Fremantle Hospital by ambulance. There was no fire after the crash, though the aircraft has significant damage.
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

At approx 1630 monday, runway 12 at jandakot was closed for 40 minutes due to a disabled aircraft. A Cessna 210 blew a tyre on landing, and just managed to clear the intersection on 06L and 12.

All ops were switched to 06L while the aircraft and pilot were stranded in the heat, and after the aviation form of roadside assistance (2 engineers), the plane was taxied clear of the runway, and normal ops resumed.
Nathan Fenn