Aircraft, traffic control, air services

Moderators: Infernal, Nafenn, numloxx

Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Re: Aviation Incidents and Accidents

Post by Fastlane »

Only the front (nose) gear was in question :)
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

auntys_eyes wrote:SJA, FRS and WAPol assembling at Jandakot A/P.
FESA ComCen advised Canning Vale 2.4 of incoming aircraft "abnormal landing". Due in at about 1710.
Mr G is observing.

For those interested, Emergency crews attended were:

* SJA Van 88
* SJA Team Leader x 2 (one in 4WD #4)
* AV-250, 252 and VM-104
* FRS CanningVale 2.4
* FRS Fremantle 2nd Pump and LT
* Unknown Heavy Search and Rescue FRS and LT
* FESA DM xx (unknown) in Nissan Pathfinder
* 1 x Front End Loader with A/C extrication equipment
* 2 x Jandakot Safety Utes
* 1 x Channel 7 Helicopter

After confirmation with Fastlane's pics - VH-FTZ - did a fly by approx 17:15ish - past the tower, I heard on 118.1 (YPJT Tower) - ATC advises nose gear half way down, no rear gear sighted at all - Asked Pilot how does he want to proceed. Pilot replied, he'll perform a "gear up" flat landing - 24R was given and made available, no other aircraft in the vicinity at the time. A text book manouver, job well done to the Pilot.

UPDATE: - VH-FTZ - Lancair Lancair IV-TP PropJet - recent pic here -> http://www.airliners.net/photo/Lancair- ... 4ad9e0da99
G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

Heard through the grapevine: apparently there was a 182 that had nosewheel problems yesterday at jandakot... VH-XXP
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Nafenn wrote:Heard through the grapevine: apparently there was a 182 that had nosewheel problems yesterday at jandakot... VH-XXP
I may have taken pics of this Cessna, it should be in the Pics section, I thought he may have vacated Rwy 24L to the wrong taxi way as the other plane was on it's belly on 24R.

Was it this Cessna?

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
VK6GHZ
Amateur callsign: VK6GHZ

Post by VK6GHZ »

Anyone tape the interview of me on 720 ABC Radio this morning? I was interviewed at the viewing area shortly after the 'event' yesterday.

Regards, Duncan - VK6GHZ
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

gkoutlis wrote:
Nafenn wrote:Heard through the grapevine: apparently there was a 182 that had nosewheel problems yesterday at jandakot... VH-XXP
I may have taken pics of this Cessna, it should be in the Pics section, I thought he may have vacated Rwy 24L to the wrong taxi way as the other plane was on it's belly on 24R.

Was it this Cessna?

G
i think the cessna in the images is a 210, but i cant make it out

i beleive it was earlier in the day the 182 came in.
Nathan Fenn

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Nafenn wrote:
gkoutlis wrote:

Was it this Cessna?

G
i think the cessna in the images is a 210, but i cant make it out

i beleive it was earlier in the day the 182 came in.
Sorry you are right Nath, it was a 210 - rechecked the rego on Airliners.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

gkoutlis wrote:*SJA Van 88
* SJA Team Leader x 2 (one in 4WD #4)
* AV-250, 252 and VM-104
* FRS CanningVale 2.4
* FRS Fremantle 2nd Pump and LT
* Unknown Heavy Search and Rescue FRS and LT
* FESA DM xx (unknown) in Nissan Pathfinder
* 1 x Front End Loader with A/C extrication equipment
* 2 x Jandakot Safety Utes
* 1 x Channel 7 Helicopter
Thats the only thing i hate about Jandakot Airport... there is no on-site Emergency Services... so if something goes wrong (ie: an engine goes bang in the circuit area) help is atleast 15 minutes away
gkoutlis wrote:UPDATE: - VH-FTZ - Lancair Lancair IV-TP PropJet - recent pic here -> http://www.airliners.net/photo/Lancair- ... 4ad9e0da99
G
I thought it was a Turbine (hence why the prop was still spinning when he touched down)
Nathan Fenn

orangepeel

Post by orangepeel »

It was a turbine .... prob PT6 or alison ...

Propjet - no such thing ....

Try turboprop - turbine engine with a prop on it .....jets dont have props .....
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

orangepeel wrote:It was a turbine .... prob PT6 or alison ...

Try turboprop - turbine engine with a prop on it .....jets dont have props .....
Lancair Propjet is the name of the aircraft. It has a 750-hp Walter M601E turboprop engine.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lancair_Propjet
Nathan Fenn

Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Post by Infernal »

orangepeel wrote:It was a turbine .... prob PT6 or alison ...

propjetpropjet - an airplane with an external propeller that is driven by a turbojet engine
Turboprop engines are a type of aircraft powerplant that use a gas turbine to drive a propeller.
Both seem to operate on the same princaple, how ever both terms are correct, try a little googling next time #-o
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

A Grob from China Southern has had a nose-wheel collapse on runway 12 at Jandakot airport.

The plane tried to turn tightly and the nosewheel buckled then collapsed, causing a prop-strike and a half!

EDIT: Plane's registration is VH-ZTJ. Possibility of photos to come later, depending on how they turned out on my phone. In the meantime, this site has an image pre prang.

EDIT x2:

Photos (not the best quality, sorry)

The Grob

How they got it back to the hanger: a crate on a trolley attached to the back of a ute
Nathan Fenn

Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

Not really an incident, but made us a bit nervous:

was out flying in PNT (Partenavia) this morning around rotto, and one of my classmates (he was the Pilot in command) saw an orange rocket flare just north of the island (didnt see the vessel it was fired from), so went over to have a look see if anyone was in the brown stuff... flew around, saw no-one in trouble.

Second flare was fired a few minutes after the first just to the left of us (we didnt see the boat again) - so stayed in the area. Reported to Perth Radar (135.25 at approx 1010) and we remained in contact with them giving as much info as possible.

a Couple of minutes later - Orange smoke canister was put out on the water, still no boat in distress.

We were informed by an aircraft on the ground at rotto who contacted the Rotto Ranger that the flares and smoke were part of an organised boat display... which was not listed in the NOTAMs for Rottnest island. Passed that on to Radar, and continued on our merry way back to jandakot
Nathan Fenn

written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

An airnorth EMB-120ER believed to be that of VH-ANB crashed after takeoff from Darwin's airport. 2 POB on board, fatalities.

A beautiful aircraft VH-ANB - was on a training flight
I've closed the door!
Magnus
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Magnus »

written_ficton wrote:An airnorth EMB-120ER believed to be that of VH-ANB crashed after takeoff from Darwin's airport. 2 POB on board, fatalities.

A beautiful aircraft VH-ANB - was on a training flight
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/nationa ... -qq02.html

http://www.ntnews.com.au/article/2010/0 ... tnews.html