WA Aviation Incidents and Accidents

Aircraft, traffic control, air services

Moderators: Infernal, Nafenn, numloxx

numloxx
Amateur callsign: VK6PCB

WA Aviation Incidents and Accidents

Post by numloxx »

Please place all major events in this sticky thread.
Limited to Perth, Jandakot and other WA Airports only please.
jasonjag
Banned

Fog covers city of Perth, delays planes

Post by jasonjag »

Fog covers city of Perth, delays planes
Article from: PerthNow
July 26, 2008 08:00am

HUNDREDS of passengers travelling to and from Perth airport faced long delays this morning as a blanket of thick fog hung over the city.

Aircraft arriving and departing after 7.10am were delayed by up to 45 minutes, including some Skywest and Qantas flights

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0 ... 61,00.html

I use to love that when I worked for qantas, no flights,no work, still got paid.lol...jj
jasonjag
Banned

Planes stacked up over Pearce

Post by jasonjag »

Last night about 10pm, some delay for landing on Runway 21 and 24, due to some obstruction mid Runway 21 near taxiway Whisky, caused 5 planes to circle over pearce Airspace for 15 mins at diff flight levels, before they were cleared to decend and land, I missed the original reason, but saw AC lights stacked one behind other up in sky for long final, looked impressive. jj
jasonjag
Banned

Qantas Domestic returns to gate (repost)

Post by jasonjag »

A Qantas Domestic, (Type unknow) has been advised by Tower during Taxi of smoke comming from an engine, AC has returned to Domestic terninal, further details unknown, 1240

This post has been moved.....
numloxx

Post by numloxx »

Can you please post regos or any other details next time.
jasonjag
Banned

Vapor trails

Post by jasonjag »

Observed 2 parrallel vapour jet trails well north of the city possibly north of Pearce AFB, 2 parallel trails climbing at same levels, level off and climb again.. 1045 jj
numloxx

Post by numloxx »

Yes I noticed them aswell.
Might be 2 military jets maybe?
Are there any Hornet's or F111's in town at the moment?
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

numloxx wrote:Yes I noticed them aswell.
Your spot on the money mate, was on the 14th level at AMP building and whilst sitting in a meeting (window side) noticed two dark dots in the sky and then what sounded like a rumble (not quite a sonic boom) - but you get what i mean...
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
jasonjag
Banned

I do not think

Post by jasonjag »

gkoutlis wrote:
Your spot on the money mate, was on the 14th level at AMP building and whilst sitting in a meeting (window side) noticed two dark dots in the sky and then what sounded like a rumble (not quite a sonic boom) - but you get what i mean...
I do not think they were RAAF jets, I believe they were 5 mins apart as both trails were not exaxctly the same, so I think possible 2 departures from Perth AP via Clackline then tracked North from there as Pearce was closeded this morning, as 03 has been the take of runway this morning. ?? jj
Last edited by jasonjag on Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Re: I do not think

Post by written_ficton »

jasonjag wrote:
gkoutlis wrote:
I do not think they were RAAAF jets, I believe they were 5 mins apart as both trails were not exaxctly the same, so I think possible 2 departures from Perth AP via Clackline then tracked North from there as Pearce was closeded this morning, as 03 has been the take of runway this morning. ?? jj
Get your finger off the A button there are too many aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa in RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAF

:D
jasonjag
Banned

Re: I do not think

Post by jasonjag »

written_ficton wrote:
jasonjag wrote:
gkoutlis wrote:
Computer error.... jj
numloxx

Post by numloxx »

I just head on one of the WAC trunking channels, about fire tenders attending an aicraft, talk about the rear hold, and offloading pax.

18:40

Think it might be QF810 to ADL, as the FIDS shows it being cancelled.
VH-VXH I think is the aircraft concerned on bay 13.

Image Image Image

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx? ... ntID=90073
jasonjag
Banned

Emerites 421 Emergency 9/8/08

Post by jasonjag »

(Quote) 9/8/08 "Mark Dutton" reported on "JetSpotters" Heard on the scanner last night Emirates 421 return to Perth due to problem retracting the landing gear after takeoff. Climbed to 8000 feet and tracked up and down the coast to try and resolve problem but to no avail. They then jettisoned fuel and returned on 03 just after midnight.End Quote)

Today I wnt to PAP and took pics of the Emerites AC and was provided with the following info, I was provided with, from an Emerites Engineer and a Safety Officer late this afternoon at PAP, true the aircraft as stated earlier flew around 8000 ft for an hour last night to attempt to retract the undercarriage, then dumped fuel and returned to PIAP, it is parked on the off bay at the south end of the International terminal, I have taken several pics of it, the information given to several air spotters (4) by a Airport Safety Officer at 1745 and by an Emerites Engineer was that no equipment was available in Perth and Nor would Qantas come to the party to bring lifting equipment from the East Coast, so now the aircraft is departing tonight empty with its undercarriage down to Singapore for refueling and onto Dubai at a max 320 knots and at 15000 ft back to Dubai. (any one want the pics PM me) ... jj
numloxx

Post by numloxx »

Can you post the pics to the Pics forum?
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Emirates

Aircraft was A6-ERB A345. "