Aircraft, traffic control, air services

Moderators: Infernal, Nafenn, numloxx

written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Re: Aviation Incidents and Accidents

Post by written_ficton »

Nah, not having a go at you......

but..... people who think they know about aviation i.e Aviation Consutlant's etc sometimes generally do not know what they are talking about.... #-o #-o
I've closed the door!
jasonjag
Banned

Burning up fuel

Post by jasonjag »

A National Jet Fl 5555 for Exmouth and Christmas Is, is circling off Rottnest to burn up fuel due to an on board problem, Emergency services are not required when landing at Perth AP 0930 jj
numloxx
Amateur callsign: VK6PCB

Re: Burning up fuel

Post by numloxx »

jasonjag wrote:A National Jet Fl 5555 for Exmouth and Christmas Is, is circling off Rottnest to burn up fuel due to an on board problem, Emergency services are not required when landing at Perth AP 0930 jj
Problem with the flap computer, could not retract flaps after take off.
YRTI is used by most airlines as an area where they can sort out problems in the air if required. It's there to keep them out of the way. NC5555 is now under way again for LEA and XCH.

A/C was VH-NJL, a BAE146-300, Off blocks at 0910, back to Perth at 1025, departing again at 1205.

Cheers

CB
jasonjag
Banned

Re: Burning up fuel

Post by jasonjag »

numloxx wrote:
jasonjag wrote:A National Jet Fl 5555 for Exmouth and Christmas Is, is circling off Rottnest to burn up fuel due to an on board problem, Emergency services are not required when landing at Perth AP 0930 jj
Problem with the flap computer, could not retract flaps after take off.
YRTI is used by most airlines as an area where they can sort out problems in the air if required. It's there to keep them out of the way. NC5555 is now under way again for LEA and XCH.

A/C was VH-NJL, a BAE146-300, Off blocks at 0910, back to Perth at 1025, departing again at 1205.

Cheers

CB
Thankyou Carsten for the detailed info, I heard ACT clear it for re take off around midday, jj
numloxx
Amateur callsign: VK6PCB

Post by numloxx »

I was actually handling the flight departure today.

Got back to Admin to finish up the post departure paper work, decided to fire up Flight Explorer, and noticed an aircraft circling Rotto.

Thought it was a bug smasher doing nav stuff, but then clicked on it, and it was NJS5555.

Literally 2 seconds later I got a phone call.

jasonjag
Banned

Bird Strike

Post by jasonjag »

Jet Star had a bird strike on landing tonight at 2110, nothing found on runway, AC Fl JQ 117 from Denpasar , not know if any damage to AC. jj
Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Post by Infernal »

*sigh* now ill be cleaning feathers out of a engine this morning
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Fremantle 2nd enroute Jandakot Airport for A/C (unknown) - Abnormal Landing... Heard this on 6AR (15:50)
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
jasonjag
Banned

Crash Landing Jandakot

Post by jasonjag »

A aircraft has crash landed at Jandakot, Fremantle FRS, DM in attendance, no rear landing gear, only nose wheel, one hour fuel on board remaining,
EDIT, Plane has landed safely FRS cooling under belly down. Fremantle 2nd and Canning Vale and DM stood down. all safe.
Last edited by jasonjag on Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gkoutlis

Re: Crash Landing Jandakot

Post by gkoutlis »

jasonjag wrote:A aircraft has crash landed at Jandakot, Fremantle RFS, DM in attendance, no rear landing gear, only nose wheel, one hour fuel on board remaining,
A/C DID NOT "CRASH" as you stated... Canningvale just advised 6AR (16:11) A/C landed "SAFELY" and applying water to the underbelly to assist with cooling. DM Metro Arrived and disregarding and DM BEELIAR stood down.
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
jasonjag
Banned

Post by jasonjag »

gkoutlis wrote:
jasonjag wrote:A aircraft has crash landed at Jandakot, Fremantle RFS, DM in attendance, no rear landing gear, only nose wheel, one hour fuel on board remaining,
A/C DID NOT "CRASH" as you stated... Canningvale just advised 6AR (16:11) A/C landed "SAFELY" and applying water to the underbelly to assist with cooling. DM Metro Arrived and disregarding and DM BEELIAR stood down.
Edit: Yes I just Edited and added that, at same time gkoutlis was posting. thankyou.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

gkoutlis wrote:
George, did the news pick this up?
I've closed the door!
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

written_ficton wrote:
gkoutlis wrote:
George, did the news pick this up?
Nope!
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

Always RX

Post by Always RX »

gkoutlis wrote:Fremantle 2nd enroute Jandakot Airport for A/C (unknown) - Abnormal Landing... Heard this on 6AR (15:50)
It was PA-31 VH-WDR.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Always RX wrote:
gkoutlis wrote:Fremantle 2nd enroute Jandakot Airport for A/C (unknown) - Abnormal Landing... Heard this on 6AR (15:50)
It was PA-31 VH-WDR.
Thanks mate.
G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member