Aircraft, traffic control, air services

Moderators: Infernal, Nafenn, numloxx

jasonjag
Banned

Boom to speed Perth airport extension

Post by jasonjag »

Boom to speed Perth airport extension

July 14, 2008 06:02am

WESTERN Australia's mining boom has forced Perth airport to bring forward its $1 billion expansion plans by nearly 10 years.
http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0 ... 61,00.html
Last edited by jasonjag on Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jasonjag
Banned

Busy Airport

Post by jasonjag »

I can see why they need to improve the Domestic Terminal after watching planes of all types fly in and out for 5 hours today, adding to that for the Pilgrimage to the east was 2 B747 and untold others, I counted at least 15 Qantas AC land and take off for the east, some had to park on taxi ways after landing with engines still running waiting for a terminal point, what a busy day, Traffic controllers were very busy coping with the amount of traffic, sat in the vehicle with the scanner flat stick. great afternoon.
Edit: where i was parked there was 4 Federal Police cars and 2 Protective Services Vehicles there.
ZO100_marto
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ZO100_marto »

2015... things are really motoring along :P I guess if they do things too fast they wont have any excuses for all their fees in parking etc :wink:
Formally ZO100, now KG100 :D
ubc 72xlt...ubc 60xlt...uh015sx
celestial_insight
Banned

Re: Busy Airport

Post by celestial_insight »

jasonjag wrote: Edit: where i was parked there was 4 Federal Police cars and 2 Protective Services Vehicles there.
Is that near the security card issuing office (next to the emergency gate)? I often see people parked there with scanners, though the view is often obscured by cargo planes. It seems to be one of the few carparks that are right on the apron that are unpatrolled (though, as you mention, happen to be where the AFP and Protective Services vehicles are parked). Good spot.
jasonjag
Banned

Re: Busy Airport

Post by jasonjag »

[quote="celestial_insight"][quote="jasonjag"]
Edit: where i was parked there was 4 Federal Police cars and 2 Protective Services Vehicles there.[/quote]
Is that near the security card issuing office (next to the emergency gate)? I often see people parked there with scanners, though the view is often obscured by cargo planes. It seems to be one of the few carparks that are right on the apron that are unpatrolled (though, as you mention, happen to be where the AFP and Protective Services vehicles are parked). Good spot.[/quote]

Yes, but security they can ask you to move from that area.. it was all full up thurs when i was there, (they must have reserved the last bay for me, lol,,) jj