Air Rescue 1

Aircraft, traffic control, air services

Moderators: Infernal, Nafenn, numloxx

jasonjag
Banned

Air Rescue 1

Post by jasonjag »

What is Air Rescue 1, advised 6AR that it just landed at Jandakot. 1108

I have seen and been advised what is Rescue 1, it is a prop driven Red and Yellow Aircraft with the word RESCUE along the fuselarge, it is also called Customs 1, it is used for several tasks, controlled by Casa to check navigation points for in and outbound aircraft, i watched it do several touch and goes at PA today, the Nose is red and the tail red is same shape as Qantas tail, it has a high wing, watched and listend to it on Aviation Frequencys today Wed 16/7...
Last edited by jasonjag on Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Air rescue 1...isn't that just Rescue 65? I thought it was alternately called RAC rescue 1 but not very often.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

Don't know about "Air Rescue 1", but just heard 6AR talking to 'Air Recce 1', which is the FESA backed helicopter used for aerial spotting and coordination (among other things).

"...Air Recce 1, 3 POB, airborne doing exercises just south of Jandakot Airport" 1156
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
jasonjag
Banned

Rescue 1

Post by jasonjag »

[quote="auntys_eyes"]Don't know about "Air Rescue 1", but just heard 6AR talking to 'Air Recce 1', which is the FESA backed helicopter used for aerial spotting and coordination (among other things).

"...Air Recce 1, 3 POB, airborne doing exercises just south of Jandakot Airport" 1156[/quote]

A Phone call to the Company that operates Rescue 65 and other AC, Rescue 1 is also used for the above that "Aunty_eyes quoted as well as Rescue, as like 65, it is a Bell 212 Helicopter, simular to the Huey, a picture in this link has its data.
The Manager of operations is phoneing me back with more info on its operations this afternoon. jj
http://www.aoc.noaa.gov/aircraft_bell.htm
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

I would have to agree with Auntys and I am also quite sure what you heard was "Air recce one" as this too is what I heard this morning. This was most likely VH-WDI an AS350B2 that is fitted with FLIR and other spotting and control equipment. This aircraft uses the ATC callsign "FIREBIRD 611". Although It`s possible that it was any one of the aircraft operated by Helicopters Australia (all the helitaks have had the drop tanks removed for the winter). I have done an awful lot of listening to 6AR and Perth ATC and I have never heard "Air rescue 1" used as a callsign for VH-EWA "Rescue 65" ( which by the way is a 412EP ).
Smithy
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Smithy »

ive just had a phonecall from my mum asking if i was at a fire because she has been watching air recce 1 landing at Rockingham council area with a white station wagon with a red and blue light.
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

Just heard "Firebird 611" departing Rockingham on Perth radar 135.25
jasonjag
Banned

Firebird 611

Post by jasonjag »

[quote="Always RX"]Just heard "Firebird 611" departing Rockingham on Perth radar 135.25[/quote]

I just phoned Helicopters Aust and was informed they own the Chopper with call sign "Firebird 611" and has just landed at perth Airport. it has the black dome infred camera under the nose. and I just head the Chopper report to 6AR that it had landed at PA.

P.N. Firebird 611 and Air Rescue 1 are not the same, 2 different companys.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

ahh well my scanner has been in my car, so just guessed. Look what happens when you guess. Oh well :P
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

So what callsign did Firebird 611 use when they called 6AR?
SmashedXR6T

Post by SmashedXR6T »

Always RX wrote:So what callsign did Firebird 611 use when they called 6AR?
either Helitac-611 or Fire King you'll hear on 6AR

Air Reece 1 is the Air Intel Aircraft (which is a chopper) based out of Helicopters Australia with the rest of the Helitac fleet.