CASA and WAA

Aircraft, traffic control, air services

Moderators: Infernal, Nafenn, numloxx

jasonjag
Banned

CASA and WAA

Post by jasonjag »

After another almost disaster at perth airport yesterday friday with Garuda Airlines, 2nd close disaster in one month, Authorities being West Australia Airports and Casa are considering closing down the Airlines air rights to land in Perth.
yorky

Re: CASA and WAA

Post by yorky »

jasonjag wrote:After another almost disaster at perth airport yesterday friday with Garuda Airlines,
Elaborate?
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
jasonjag
Banned

Post by jasonjag »

yorky wrote:
jasonjag wrote:After another almost disaster at perth airport yesterday friday with Garuda Airlines,
Elaborate?
find the post where they landed without tower aproval couple weeks ago when vehicles and workmen were on the runway 21, and it was shown on Ch nine news friday night, also on Thursday they landed without tower and lost radio coms, too detailed to print, find the back news items
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

jasonjag wrote:After another almost disaster at perth airport yesterday friday with Garuda Airlines, 2nd close disaster in one month, Authorities being West Australia Airports and Casa are considering closing down the Airlines air rights to land in Perth.
Do you have a source?
jasonjag
Banned

Post by jasonjag »

Toottoot wrote:
jasonjag wrote:After another almost disaster at perth airport yesterday friday with Garuda Airlines, 2nd close disaster in one month, Authorities being West Australia Airports and Casa are considering closing down the Airlines air rights to land in Perth.
Do you have a source?
NO, as i said in previous post, there was Video footage, a news coverage of the subject shown on the Ch 9 news at 6 pm, details quoted and shown live. there is a previous post some where related to Garuda about this same subject.
Urshtnme

Post by Urshtnme »

I keep hearing about the incident at work but can't find anything in any News website which is frustrating.

What I have heard is that the Garuda pilot lost a few instruments as he was coming into Perth over the coast. because it was cloudy he went below the cloud and below lower safe altitude, missed the turn for the airport, flew very very......very low through the hills and continued east.

Basically he got lost.

He's lucky he didn't crash into the hills or crash due to no fuel while heading east.

But that's all I've heard from a 2nd hand source at work.
jasonjag
Banned

Garuda

Post by jasonjag »

Urshtnme wrote:I keep hearing about the incident at work but can't find anything in any News website which is frustrating.

What I have heard is that the Garuda pilot lost a few instruments as he was coming into Perth over the coast. because it was cloudy he went below the cloud and below lower safe altitude, missed the turn for the airport, flew very very......very low through the hills and continued east.

Basically he got lost.

He's lucky he didn't crash into the hills or crash due to no fuel while heading east.

But that's all I've heard from a 2nd hand source at work.
Well partly correct on what i know and saw on tv, but was told about the runway incodent by a security gate officer couple weeks ago when runway 21 was closed for maintence, garuda was on late final without Tower clearence to land and had to abort as trucks and vehicles and people are on the runway, later landing on rw 24, the later incodent that "Urshtnme" quoted is not the way it was said on TV News, but who do you believe, they lost radio comms and aborted landing on RW 24, flew over AP and morley (which I saw very low) before landing on rw 21 (that I also saw) downwind. (all of this was shown live footage and voice on Thurs night 6pm 9 news)
numloxx
Amateur callsign: VK6PCB

Post by numloxx »

Incident Report from the ATSB Website.

http://www.atsb.gov.au/publications/inv ... 02821.aspx