Perth International Terminal evacuated

Aircraft, traffic control, air services

Moderators: Infernal, Nafenn, numloxx

Bungarra

Re: Tarmac

Post by Bungarra »

[[/quote]

Well whats the worry to people in the Terminal if its out on the tarmac, its fallen off a baggage trolly or a air side worker has not loaded it aboard an Aircraft, common practise when I worked for Qantas years ago.[/quote]

Probably because the package was vibrating and was warm, two unusual features from a cold cargo hold. If it had been explosive with fuelled aircraft around, could be a good explosion.
jasonjag
Banned

Re: Tarmac

Post by jasonjag »

Bungarra wrote:[
Well whats the worry to people in the Terminal if its out on the tarmac, its fallen off a baggage trolly or a air side worker has not loaded it aboard an Aircraft, common practise when I worked for Qantas years ago.[/quote]

Probably because the package was vibrating and was warm, two unusual features from a cold cargo hold. If it had been explosive with fuelled aircraft around, could be a good explosion.[/quote]

Maybe,but if you watched the TV video, they were place out behind the tail, the AC had arrived and would have minimal fuel on boad, plus a explosion would be pushed outwards from the building, ive worked on the tarmac for Qantas for many years and are aware of the dangers, we were trained for them.
crewman

Look Deeper

Post by crewman »

All valid comments above, however, there were far greater reasons for the upset the boxes created.

Some things are best left alone
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Re: Look Deeper

Post by written_ficton »

crewman wrote:All valid comments above, however, there were far greater reasons for the upset the boxes created.

Some things are best left alone
Huh????????????????? I think you need to wake up
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

means leave the fake flowers BOX alone until experts know what it is even if he takes 3 hrs to get them Xray.
NJ102 to VKI,where the option button on tadis.
VKI to NJ102,we dont have option button up here