Boeing 787 Dreamliner

Aircraft, traffic control, air services

Moderators: Infernal, Nafenn, numloxx

jasonjag
Banned

Boeing 787 Dreamliner

Post by jasonjag »

Short video of Boeing new Dreamliner 787, slow to load, no pilot in cockpit comming in to land, Bugga ???? must be automatic. lol. Qantas has ordered 62 of the, due 2009

http://www.newairplane.com/
yorky

Post by yorky »

Obviously its to show off the cockpit with nobody in it.

Nice aircraft. Very smicko.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
missnoisy

Post by missnoisy »

The 787 hasn't actually flown yet. A large number of modern 'heavy' aircraft are essentially capable of landing themselves, under certain conditions. From what I understand, these systems are capable of flying the aircraft down to around 50 feet, where the pilot will then take over. They are probably indeed capable of landing themselves, but there are two highly skilled people sitting in the front for a reason, who need to do at least something... ;)

Much of the aircraft is constructed from carbon fibre, and features a lot of other features not before seen on a commercial aircraft. And its one sexy airframe to boot :D
ConstableCare
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ConstableCare »

missnoisy wrote:A large number of modern 'heavy' aircraft are essentially capable of landing themselves, under certain conditions
Autoland
missnoisy wrote: From what I understand, these systems are capable of flying the aircraft down to around 50 feet, where the pilot will then take over
Standard ILS - mainly down to around 250ft

Cheers, CC 8)