YPPH RWY21 ILS

Aircraft, traffic control, air services

Moderators: Infernal, Nafenn, numloxx

Always RX

YPPH RWY21 ILS

Post by Always RX »

Does anyone know why the runway 21 ILS is inoperative?. It has been down for around a week. Most heavies are flying the Omni approach and lighter RPT`s are using 24. I remember this happening a week or two ago also.
Rodney

Perth ILS

Post by Rodney »

As an aviation enthusiast i find it unbeleiveable that the ILS is out for 1 week+ I fly online with a network called vatsim that has people to do ATC via some programs and makes for a generally realistic experience, When i could fly ILS i never flew any other approach because ILS=Accurate, INfact its probs almost dangerous specially if theres low cloud cover anyway laters
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

Ya know Rodney i dont even think it is working all the time even now. There is nothing unsafe about a VOR/DME approach in minimums and they always have rwy24(or kalgoorlie) but i am sure if our international airport is equipped with ILS technology most of us would expect that is works ALL the time.I have never heard of a problem with the ILS on rwy03 either,other than short spells for calibration.
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

Even still down from todays ATIS "RWY21 ILS Inoperative Do not use False indications possible"
Though a calibration aircraft seems to be in Perth at the moment, heard airworking between YPPH and YPEA this morning.