Aviation Transceiver wanted to HIRE

Aircraft, traffic control, air services

Moderators: Infernal, Nafenn, numloxx

silent_wingz

Aviation Transceiver wanted to HIRE

Post by silent_wingz »

I have a UHF/VHF scanner but I am in need of an aviation band handheld transceiver to hire for a week or two in January. Does anyone know of a place in Perth that will hire such equipment? Or does a WASURG member possibly have a good working aviation transceiver they can hire me in January?

Any help is appreciated ... Thanks
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Re: Aviation Transceiver wanted to HIRE

Post by vk6hgr »

silent_wingz wrote:I have a UHF/VHF scanner but I am in need of an aviation band handheld transceiver to hire for a week or two in January. Does anyone know of a place in Perth that will hire such equipment? Or does a WASURG member possibly have a good working aviation transceiver they can hire me in January?
Have you got an airband license?
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
silent_wingz

Re: Aviation Transceiver wanted to HIRE

Post by silent_wingz »

vk6hgr wrote: Have you got an airband license?
yes I do I am a pilot, although except the multicom the frequencies ill be using don't require it, they are registered to the gliding federation of australia and only require a radio telephony certificate through GFA.
Night_Ryder
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Night_Ryder »

Hey Wings. Im a pilot also. What do you need a transceiver for?
ADMIN NOTE: Account details transferred to "Reevesy"
silent_wingz

Post by silent_wingz »

I am a glider (sailplane) instructor and also the ground operations controller for the 2008 AirBP State Gliding Championships in Beverley in January. I will take my scanner but a transceiver would come in handy if I can get hold of one, not worth me buying one for 2 weeks.
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

Try a few of the schools or the Aero Club at Jandakot...they might hire you a handheld. Also at Jandakot try Airflite avionics..opposite the Airport admin building or maybe Western Airmotive, the pilot supplies shop down towards the Aero Club. And the other obvious try (but you have probably left it a bit late) would be Ebay. How about hitting up Air BP for a few extra bucks outta the sponsorship so you can buy a radio.
silent_wingz

Post by silent_wingz »

Always RX wrote:How about hitting up Air BP for a few extra bucks outta the sponsorship so you can buy a radio.
AirBP have already been more than generous, better leave them alone. Thanks anyway. I have tried Airflite and Western Airmotive, no luck. There are several of UHF / CB hire companies but none have airband.
Ill keep trying.