Wessex chopper sub rescue

Aircraft, traffic control, air services

Moderators: Infernal, Nafenn, numloxx

Night_Ryder
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Night_Ryder »

Yea. The only A340 thats comes into Perth is owned by South Africa Airways and runs to Joburg
ADMIN NOTE: Account details transferred to "Reevesy"
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

Night_Ryder wrote:Yea. The only A340 thats comes into Perth is owned by South Africa Airways and runs to Joburg
i was just quoting what was said in the other thread.. They said it was a flight from Melbourne - Mauritius, not that it departed Perth.

Cheers for the correction though.

:D
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
silent_wingz

Post by silent_wingz »

Night_Ryder wrote:The only A340 thats comes into Perth is owned by South Africa Airways and runs to Joburg
that's not true either actually, Air Mauritius fly A340s to Perth at least twice weekly.
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

Emirates also on occasion send an A340-300 into Perth
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

Kombi wrote:
donks wrote:
Scottus wrote:Yeah i saw it as well but completely missed the plain and the vapor stayed in the sky for ages!! :D :D
someone in the other thread said it was from an Airbus A340-300 destined for Mauritius. i have never seen a contrail that large before!
It wasnt a Airbus 340, it was a Emirates Boeing 777 enroute to Dubai at 7000 ft, conformation from Perth Airport contact.
You need a new contact...
spartacus
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: ONEDAYILLGETIT
Scanners and Receivers: ubc92xlt

Post by spartacus »

Emirates uses A340s for there Perth - Dubai routs
To stop displaying signatures, go to the User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Edit display options > Display signatures > No > Submit
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

Usually it is a 772 or 773ER service but just recently a change to some flights being operated by A343`s...probably a maintenance rotation but couldnt say for sure.
spartacus
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: ONEDAYILLGETIT
Scanners and Receivers: ubc92xlt

Post by spartacus »

I flew on an A340 in july last year when i went to europe with emirates. Brilliant airline with a great flight time. Leave here at 10.30 and get in Europe at midday local time.
To stop displaying signatures, go to the User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Edit display options > Display signatures > No > Submit
Night_Ryder
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Night_Ryder »

I remember that emirates used to use the A340 on its YPPH - OMDB (EK421) however it seems that its been replaced by a B773.
Kombi

yes you know

Post by Kombi »

Always RX wrote:
Kombi wrote:
donks wrote: someone in the other thread said it was from an Airbus A340-300 destined for Mauritius. i have never seen a contrail that large before!
It wasnt a Airbus 340, it was a Emirates Boeing 777 enroute to Dubai at 7000 ft, conformation from Perth Airport contact.
You need a new contact...
The A/C was a direct flight ex Sydney to Dubai and due to navigation NDB's they fly direct over Adelaide and Perth. I dont need a new contact.
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

LMAO!..Ok..so...A 777 flies direct from Sydney to Dubai tracking NDB`s :lol: via YPAD and arrives overhead YPPH at 7000`pumping a huge contrail!
If you are happy to run with that story sunshine then I am happy to let you...
westernwedgey
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by westernwedgey »

This might clear things up, according to news reports confirmed by Perth Airport, and as previously stated above....

It was an A340 direct flight from Melb to Mauritius at 38000ft.

It was reported at that height, the outside temperature at the time was -2 degrees...

Hope that helps. :lol: :lol:
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Exhaust contrails usually occur at above 26,000 feet. where the temperature is below -40°C (-40°F).

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contrail
Last edited by WPXZBP on Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Night_Ryder
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Night_Ryder »

Well they can and have occurred below FL260, the aircraft just has to be flying in parcels of freezing air. Not trying to start an argument.
numloxx
Amateur callsign: VK6PCB

Post by numloxx »

No, it was Air Mauritius from Melbourne.