Oaks Day chopper hits pelican

Aircraft, traffic control, air services

Moderators: Infernal, Nafenn, numloxx

Kombi

Post by Kombi »

Thursday Nov 8 15:00 AEDT..By ninemsn staff
A helicopter ferrying Oaks Day punters to and from Melbourne's Flemington racecourse has made an emergency landing after a mid-air collision with a pelican.
The Robinson helicopter was forced to put down inside the yard of sea freight company Patrick, at the Port of Melbourne, Air Services Australia spokesman David Gray said.
No passengers were on board when the bird collided with the helicopter, a spokeswoman for Aussie Copters, the company operating the flights, said.
"The pilot landed the machine safely about 12pm and a replacement helicopter is already back in service," she said.
The spokeswoman did not know the extent of the damage to the helicopter. The pilot was not injured
Night_Ryder
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Night_Ryder »

Are there any specifics in regards to the cause of the forced landing, I mean I know that a bird hit it, or the it hit a bird, but did it hit the windows or the blades?
ADMIN NOTE: Account details transferred to "Reevesy"
Kombi

Chopper

Post by Kombi »

Night_Ryder wrote:Are there any specifics in regards to the cause of the forced landing, I mean I know that a bird hit it, or the it hit a bird, but did it hit the windows or the blades?
It never said, the whole story is there, cut and paste,,,
Night_Ryder
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Night_Ryder »

Oh ok, fairenough. Cheers anyway, mate.
ADMIN NOTE: Account details transferred to "Reevesy"