RBAR 2007 disapointing

Aircraft, traffic control, air services

Moderators: Infernal, Nafenn, numloxx

Kombi

RBAR 2007 disapointing

Post by Kombi »

I went to the Air Race and compared to 2006, was disapointing, I sat near the Refueling truck for the 2 Choppers on the footpath, tuned into Feq 120.850 and was able to hear all with the aircraft and Tower including the qantas given clearence to do a fly past, but little other entertainment compared to 2006.
spartacus
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: ONEDAYILLGETIT
Scanners and Receivers: ubc92xlt

Post by spartacus »

the search for WT604 was interesting
To stop displaying signatures, go to the User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Edit display options > Display signatures > No > Submit
celestial_insight
Banned

Post by celestial_insight »

shows how important it is to know who has which digital radio when duress is pressed.
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

Well whats the goss?
spartacus
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by spartacus »

WT604 accidently pressed the duress alarm on their radio.
Firstly, "Command Post" (VKI) had to find whether or not WT604 was at the event.
Then, find out where they are
Then, find their unmarked vehicle without the knowledge of it's rego
Then, find where the occupants where and then discover that all of the "WT" radios were locked on analogue!!!
To stop displaying signatures, go to the User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Edit display options > Display signatures > No > Submit
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

why didnt they ring the mobile?
celestial_insight
Banned

Post by celestial_insight »

WAPOL weren't aware who had WT604. They thought it was water police, as the TW vessels were constantly asked to check if they had a digital handheld on them, in their bags, somewhere in the vessel etc..
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

So what would have happened if they really were in trouble? No one would know whos in trouble and where they where! Keystone cops!!!
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Guys,

Just abit disappointed by the lack of "side acts" at Red Bull this year...

No F-18's for a fly over - no Caribou's - Just some PC-9's & Qantas - and some planes doing loops -

Whats up with that?? - Thought it would have been bigger and better - I heard Aircraft from RACWA, The Aeroplane Company, Air Australia - where all going to have a few planes to do fly-overs with Tiger Moths as well.... :roll:
Steve
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Steve »

An F/A-18 is a hard act to follow.

It wasn't a complete disappointment for me though - I got a new air-to-air frequency for the PC-9s: 133.1
Rockjet
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Rockjet »

Travelled along way to see this, enjoyed the RBAR part of it but the side acts were poor, spoke to a RAAF officer at their display and he said no suprises this year, only a OR ten N at Pearce. Which was dissapointing.

Had a great weekend in Perth, went to the Maritime Museum in Freo. Had a tour of the Ovens, had lunch at Kailis, went to the Markets on Saturday. Went to the RBAR on Sunday.

8)
spartacus
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by spartacus »

Rockjet wrote: had lunch at Kailis,
Did you enjoy that :?:
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

What I will say though - Is thankyou to the Men and Women of The Western Australian Police and St.John Ambulance Career and Volunteers.

I think they all did a fantastic job attending to the casualty's as well as the yobbos.

I must say - all the police who we spoke to whilst out and about for footpatrols - (Mends Street) side - were very polite and more than willing to help us..

I think the general attitude and the way they greeted people doing the right thing was something that is to be admired.... well done to all...
Kombi

re what i will say

Post by Kombi »

gkoutlis wrote:What I will say though - Is thankyou to the Men and Women of The Western Australian Police and St.John Ambulance Career and Volunteers.

I think they all did a fantastic job attending to the casualty's as well as the yobbos.

I must say - all the police who we spoke to whilst out and about for footpatrols - (Mends Street) side - were very polite and more than willing to help us..

I think the general attitude and the way they greeted people doing the right thing was something that is to be admired.... well done to all...
I will second that for the City Side, I saw no trouble and those who drank behaved and the poice walking miles all dy did a great job and they were out in force,thank to all services for a job well done.
Rockjet
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Rockjet »

spartacus wrote:
Rockjet wrote: had lunch at Kailis,
Did you enjoy that :?:
My peice of snapper was over cooked and very flakey. :x