Tiger airways callsigns

Aircraft, traffic control, air services

Moderators: Infernal, Nafenn, numloxx

Always RX

Tiger airways callsigns

Post by Always RX »

Gday all , I was just listening to inbound Tiger flight 716. I am pretty sure they were using the callsign GOCAT 716 but i really couldnt be sure thats what i was hearing as the crew and ATC were saying it quite quickly. Can anyone confirm this for me?
xli

Post by xli »

Not sure if you checked on Google, but it looks like Tiger Airways call sign is 'Stripe'..

I also checked the Perth Airport website, flight no. TR 716 landed 9pm this evening from Singapore, and another one (with the same flight no) is scheduled for tomorrow same time. If its a daily thing, looks like that was the one you heard yesterday.

On one last mention, GOCAT in aviation seems to stand for Ground and Obstacle Collision Avoidance Technique.. but i'm no aviation expert, so i have no clue why that may have been mentioned.. but i'd say it isn't a callsign.
http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/Xplore/login ... 090951.pdf
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

Did a little research. Tiger did indeed use the radio callsign Stripe up until the 20th April 2007 at which time the new moniker Go-Cat was adopted. GoCat 716 is the Perth flight ex Singapore and it returns to the latter as GoCat 717.
ZO100_marto
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ZO100_marto »

OT, sure am looking forward to them starting the Perth to Melbourne route. Prices are as low as $60 each way on there site :shock:
I've flown with them to bkk and back quite a few times over the past few years and reckon their awesome.

Just need to get them to start flying from Kalgoorlie :lol:
Formally ZO100, now KG100 :D
ubc 72xlt...ubc 60xlt...uh015sx
Rockjet
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Rockjet »

Dont know anything about Tiger Airways marto, sure hope there not Tiger Moths!!

:lol:
Genesis

Tiger Airways query

Post by Genesis »

I've been trying to book a holiday for my family and myself in Melbourne in January next year, but can't get through to the phone numbers listed for Tiger airways. Does anyone have other numbers for them that I can use to book a holiday with them?

:?: :?:
ZO100_marto
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: Tiger Airways query

Post by ZO100_marto »

Genesis wrote:I've been trying to book a holiday for my family and myself in Melbourne in January next year, but can't get through to the phone numbers listed for Tiger airways. Does anyone have other numbers for them that I can use to book a holiday with them?

:?: :?:
They're a Singapore based airline so you can only book online or through a travel agent. Remember but if you book with an agent its nowhere near as cheap.
Formally ZO100, now KG100 :D
ubc 72xlt...ubc 60xlt...uh015sx
Lino

Post by Lino »

Hello it seems that Tiger Airways is using the callsign GoCat heard an inbound flight to melbourne this mornning at 5.30am.

Regards Lino.