Confirm 'Reach 100'

Aircraft, traffic control, air services

Moderators: Infernal, Nafenn, numloxx

brte

Confirm 'Reach 100'

Post by brte »

Hello,

Was anyone else listening last night on the aircraft band? Heard a couple of calls from an aircraft with a rego 'Reach 100', can anyone confirm the correct call sign and was it the C-17 that's in Perth at the moment? It departed around 10pm and headed south before turning west and up the coast. Went outside but it was too far south for me to get alook. Also managed to get it on HF once out of Perth. How long is it around for?

cya
gkoutlis

Re: Confirm 'Reach 100'

Post by gkoutlis »

brte wrote:Hello,

Was anyone else listening last night on the aircraft band? Heard a couple of calls from an aircraft with a rego 'Reach 100', can anyone confirm the correct call sign and was it the C-17 that's in Perth at the moment? It departed around 10pm and headed south before turning west and up the coast. Went outside but it was too far south for me to get alook. Also managed to get it on HF once out of Perth. How long is it around for?

cya
Hiya mate.....

Your close to the money there - Yes it was the C-17 - actually, according to a really reliable source - Perth had 2 - C-17's land at different times after 13:35 yesterday - here is the link to the pic of one of them - http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h75/w ... 9173_1.jpg

Callsign Reach 100- Pretty sure somewhere there - she landed at Pearce - thats about all i know on it.
brte

Post by brte »

Hi gkoutlis,

Thanks for the reply, great picture too, maybe I'll try and sneak out of work and see if they arrive the same time again today.

Thanks
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

brte wrote:Hi gkoutlis,

Thanks for the reply, great picture too, maybe I'll try and sneak out of work and see if they arrive the same time again today.

Thanks
No problems at all - and welcome on board too 8)
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

Whilst coming home this arvo, through Guildford, i had one of these C-17s come right over my car at what looked like only a few hundred feet. It was on final approach to runway 21 from the north. Looked magnificent just gliding down over our heads, but was making one hell of a noise!!
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
luke

Post by luke »

nice pic, wonder if they there passports and snogg dogg on board that U.S plane :P
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

:shock: ................What the hell are you talking about???. I can`t figure out if that was a question, an attempt at humour or just a bunch of random words.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Or all of the above?? but I've read it through 4 times, and have a possible idea of what he may have been trying to say but otherwise God and he only knows.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

typical rap fan. Very confused, seldom makes sense and not worth the effort.
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

If anyone was watching the WAFL Football broadcast on ABCTV this arvo around 3.50pm, they would have seen a shot of one of these C-17s in flight. It was climbing skywards after taking off from Perth Airport, and one of our cameras followed it for about 10 seconds.

VBFB Member

Always RX

Post by Always RX »

We seem to have had a large number of C-17 movements in Perth this week. I have seen two myself (quite impressive i might add) and we have a few reports on this and in other forums. I first thought that it may be the RAAF 36sqn C-17 A41-206 doing training and proving flights but it seems going on reports that we may have USAF Globemasters here as well. Does anyone know what this traffic is in aid of ?. Also why Perth and not Pearce? I am guessing it is something to do with access to vast amounts of Jet fuel but i would be curious to know of any other reasons.
nachoman
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nachoman »

Thanks for the time auntys_eyes, must of been what I saw driving down Canning Highway then.

There was a US Marine Strike group berthed at Fremantle this week if perhaps that was related to these plane movements. The ships were USS Boxer, USS Dubuque and USS Comstock, they departed yesterday.
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

Always RX wrote:...but it seems going on reports that we may have USAF Globemasters here as well.
Always RX - The photo that Mr G Has linked in his post at the top of this page shows 2 USAF aircraft. (The tail of a second plane can be seen behind the nose of the plane in front :wink: )

VBFB Member

Always RX

Post by Always RX »

Thanks for that nachoman , I wasnt aware of the strike group arrival. I think you have hit the nail on the head there. Cheers. Thanks too for the heads up auntys I just wasnt sure if that was a current or file pic.