Does anyone know why?

Aircraft, traffic control, air services

Moderators: Infernal, Nafenn, numloxx

just.nosey

Does anyone know why?

Post by just.nosey »

At 10:20 pm Friday 21/4/07 A Qantas 747 300 aborted an approach for Perth.

I was out at the Airport and noticed it was inbound on finals from the north when all of a sudden there was a mighty roar of engines the wheels went up (landing lights went out) and it started climbing while turning right and travelling over South Guildford before turning further and heading up to (guessing) The Whitman Park area before commencing it's 2nd approach, and landing at about 10:35.

From where I was there was nothing obvious although I couldn't see the entire runway and as far as I know nothing had landed in the proceeding couple of minutes that might have caused an obstruction.
Last edited by just.nosey on Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
gkoutlis

Re: Does anyone know why?

Post by gkoutlis »

just.nosey wrote:At 10:20 pm Friday 21/4/07 A Qantas 747 300 aborted an approach for Perth.

I was out at the Airport and noticed it was inbound on finals from the north when all of a sudden there was a mighty roar of engines the wheels went up (landing lights went out) and it started climbing while turning right and travelling over South Guildford before turning further and heading up to (guessing) The Whitman Park area before commencing it's 2nd approach, and landing at about 10:35.

From where I was there was nothing obvious although I couldn't see the entire runway and as far as I know nothing had landed in the proceeding couple of minutes that might have caused and obstruction.
Im guessing although nothing may have been on the runway... - maybe strong winds??? or possibly aircraft missed its approach configuration, where they have to be at a specific altitude and speed lined up for ILS coming in to land - it could have also been the Windshear they were forcasting too - so unless that mucked about their landing profile... - I will check and let you know. G