Spotting at Perth Airport - RWY21 Mound

Aircraft, traffic control, air services

Moderators: Infernal, Nafenn, numloxx

lukep198ypph

Spotting at Perth Airport - RWY21 Mound

Post by lukep198ypph »

Hi All,

Firstly, apologies if I have posted in the wrong section, admin feel free to remove if this is the case.

Anyway, just a quick question regarding the Mound overlooking Runway 21 Perth Airport. I understand that it is not really advised to spot there but just wondering if it is private property and how I would go about accessing it?

Thanks in Advance,

Luke
Nafenn

Re: Spotting at Perth Airport - RWY21 Mound

Post by Nafenn »

lukep198ypph wrote:Hi All,

Firstly, apologies if I have posted in the wrong section, admin feel free to remove if this is the case.

Anyway, just a quick question regarding the Mound overlooking Runway 21 Perth Airport. I understand that it is not really advised to spot there but just wondering if it is private property and how I would go about accessing it?

Thanks in Advance,

Luke
Hey Luke,

Firstly - welcome to Warsug.

The 21 mound is on airport land - and as you said, it's not recommended to spot from there. You may be asked to move by Security, depending on how they are feeling on the day. I Believe that it used to be accessible from Newton Rd, however i have never been there. The taxi lane Romeo area has been greatly expanded in the last few years, so it may not even be accessible anymore.

Perth Airport has 2 Official Spotting locations, the Public Viewing Area and the T1 Observation Deck. These are the recommended spotting locations at Perth Airport.
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
lukep198ypph

Re: Spotting at Perth Airport - RWY21 Mound

Post by lukep198ypph »

Hi Nafenn,

Thanks for the reply. Just looking for an alternate location as I frequently go to the 03 Deck and the International Deck!

Cheers