Quick Question

Aircraft, traffic control, air services

Moderators: Infernal, Nafenn, numloxx

just.nosey

Quick Question

Post by just.nosey »

Last night I was out at the airport and watched a Qantas (I think) a 737 (not an 800 series) taxi and take off to the north and then head east.

I noticed the strobe on it's roof and belly (for want of a better description were not on (working) while the strobes at the end of the wings were.

When I arrived some 30 minutes before I did see what looked like a fire tender very close to this plane and from where I was it appeared to be giving this plane some sort of attention.

I would have thought the tower would have said something.

Any ideas anyone?
gkoutlis

Re: Quick Question

Post by gkoutlis »

just.nosey wrote:Last night I was out at the airport and watched a Qantas (I think) a 737 (not an 800 series) taxi and take off to the north and then head east.

I noticed the strobe on it's roof and belly (for want of a better description were not on (working) while the strobes at the end of the wings were.

When I arrived some 30 minutes before I did see what looked like a fire tender very close to this plane and from where I was it appeared to be giving this plane some sort of attention.

I would have thought the tower would have said something.

Any ideas anyone?
Your right on the mark their mate - was monitoring the departures freq - not sure what time it was but yeah - didnt mention anything - I think it may have been a close call not sure - will confirm....

G
just.nosey

Post by just.nosey »

It was the 2nd departure after SQ215 landed guessing (because I don't wear a watch) 23:40 ish as 215 was early