RAAF fly over

Aircraft, traffic control, air services

Moderators: Infernal, Nafenn, numloxx

doogues71
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

RAAF fly over

Post by doogues71 »

Perth city at the moment heading to wards midland way or northern suburbs 20 + RAAF planes heading home.Great sight though.
nachoman
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nachoman »

was there any sort of flyover this morning over the city? Here in Como there sounded like a jet pass very low overhead, unlike anything I have heard before...
Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Donga »

nachoman wrote:was there any sort of flyover this morning over the city? Here in Como there sounded like a jet pass very low overhead, unlike anything I have heard before...
The red bull air race is on next weekend could have something to do with that. Testing the course or something.
fly_on_the_wall

Post by fly_on_the_wall »

Donga wrote:
nachoman wrote:was there any sort of flyover this morning over the city? Here in Como there sounded like a jet pass very low overhead, unlike anything I have heard before...
The red bull air race is on next weekend could have something to do with that. Testing the course or something.
noway, i heard the jets today also fly over the city. i did not see them but i did hear them and they were definately not for the red bull air race. they were either F-111 Strike aircraft or the FA/18 Hornet which are both aircraft from the RAAF.

cheers
Brett

Post by Brett »

It was Remembrance Day guys, RAAF flyover was for the Diggers and the ceremony at the Kings Park memorial.
Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Donga »

Brett wrote:It was Remembrance Day guys, RAAF flyover was for the Diggers and the ceremony at the Kings Park memorial.
Woops I forgot about rememberance day. I will have to have my minutes silence now.
fly_on_the_wall

Post by fly_on_the_wall »

Brett wrote:It was Remembrance Day guys, RAAF flyover was for the Diggers and the ceremony at the Kings Park memorial.
shit, i forgot also. i should know better seeing as though i have served for a short period
westernwedgey
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by westernwedgey »

Don't know if it still happens but when i worked in the city a while back the police used to block the intersection of William St. and St Georges Tce. so that a bugler could walk to the middle of the intersection and play as the bells tolled 11.00am...

As soon as the minute silence was over (I think he played a small rendition signalling the end of the silence/war etc.) he walked off and the traffic would flow again...

11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month...Lest We Forget.
doogues71
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by doogues71 »

westernwedgey wrote:Don't know if it still happens but when i worked in the city a while back the police used to block the intersection of William St. and St Georges Tce. so that a bugler could walk to the middle of the intersection and play as the bells tolled 11.00am...

As soon as the minute silence was over (I think he played a small rendition signalling the end of the silence/war etc.) he walked off and the traffic would flow again...

11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month...Lest We Forget.
yes it still happens not just one intersection most of the main ones.
Murray and Barrack st
Murray and William st etc.
DOCKERS for PREMIERS 2008!!