Pilot 2 Pilot chat freq?

Aircraft, traffic control, air services

Moderators: Infernal, Nafenn, numloxx

w0mbat
Scanners and Receivers: AOR 8200 MKIII

Pilot 2 Pilot chat freq?

Post by w0mbat »

I am wondering if anyone knows the between plane chat freq's of these guys please? http://www.westernaustralia.com/en/sear ... ID=9007773 Fighter Combat International they are called.

--Steve
Brett

Post by Brett »

Now those would be some interesting conversations! I see those guys flying every weekend and sometimes during the week not far from home. Could very easily sit in the backyard and watch those guys, would love to know what they are saying!
ConstableCare
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: Pilot 2 Pilot chat freq?

Post by ConstableCare »

w0mbat wrote:I am wondering if anyone knows the between plane chat freq's of these guys please?

--Steve
Try the "numbers" frequency - 123.45mhz

Quite popular for this type of chit chat...

Cheers, CC 8)
The Green Bastard

Post by The Green Bastard »

The media chopper pilots use that so they don't become the story.
spartacus
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: ONEDAYILLGETIT
Scanners and Receivers: ubc92xlt

Post by spartacus »

But it is really rare for pilots to use this frequency in Australia, as most airports are either very quiet or have ATC.
These frequencies are mainly used in the USA for pilots to self organise themselves and avoid (mostly) a mid air collision
Steve
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Steve »

123.45 is recognised by Airservices Australia as the air-to-air frequency. In my experience you need to listen to it exclusively for a while to pick anything up - transmissions are often short so if you're scanning 123.45 along with a lot of other aviation frequencies there's a good change you'll miss hearing it in use.
ConstableCare
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ConstableCare »

spartacus wrote:But it is really rare for pilots to use this frequency in Australia, as most airports are either very quiet or have ATC...
Since when does it matter whether there is ATC or not or infact if the airports are quiet?? They still use it!
wayne
Scanners and Receivers: Funcube SDR Dongle Pro+
20 Meter Long Wire.

Post by wayne »

Steve wrote:123.45 is recognised by Airservices Australia as the air-to-air frequency. In my experience you need to listen to it exclusively for a while to pick anything up - transmissions are often short so if you're scanning 123.45 along with a lot of other aviation frequencies there's a good change you'll miss hearing it in use.

Agreed on 123.450 also they used to use certain frequencies for air to air in they were above or below a certain height 126.350 was one of them and i can't remember the other, i have heard those paragliders on 126.350 in the past as they go up and down the coast line between Bunbury and Mandurah.

Edit : The other one from memory was 124.350
Last edited by wayne on Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
wayne
Scanners and Receivers: Funcube SDR Dongle Pro+
20 Meter Long Wire.

Post by wayne »

123.450 was quite active most of yesterday arvo heard a few aircraft making initial contact first on CTAF 126.7