JANDAKOT to move or not to move

Aircraft, traffic control, air services

Moderators: Infernal, Nafenn, numloxx

doogues71
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

JANDAKOT to move or not to move

Post by doogues71 »

Saw on the news the other night their planning to move jandakot airport.further south.What do you Aviation people think?Good move or not.For me I would be againest the idea because I like going out there and watching the workings of Jandakot.But if they moved it further south it would be a lot harder for me to get out there as I don't have a car of my own and relie on public transport.What about others?
westernwedgey
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by westernwedgey »

I think its a bad move because its based on greed - ie. How much can be made from selling/mining the land, and it would place RFDS further away from hospitals.

My 2 cents
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Re: JANDAKOT to move or not to move

Post by vk6hgr »

doogues71 wrote:Saw on the news the other night their planning to move jandakot airport.further south.
Land owners knew the airport was there when they bought their properties.

I agree that the whole debate has more to do with property prices than aeroplanes...
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Guys, I fly very often at Jandakot - And as far as I can tell they had this grand plan in 2005 - to add 2 additional runways - http://www.jandakotairport.com.au/1b%20 ... 20Plan.pdf

I agree - Why move the airport so it becomes 60Kilometers south of Perth to Murray????? Pilots, Air Traffic Controllers, All Ground Crews, Engineers etc - Including SJA - What happens if they live North of the River??? What happens to all those people??? Forced into early retirement
?? Because they dont have enough to buy down south closer to Jandakot.... I say Leave Jandakot where it is - Continue with the runway extensions.... Residents know all about the traffic noise that aircraft make prior to them moving in....and I can promise you that All Student Pilots, and all others are TOLD every single day - "Fly Neighbourly, Climb as soon as possible, reduce revs, and fly during Airport Hours" - Why don't people complain about the Domestic Airport - With 747's flying straight over areas such as Vic Park - Bentley, Welshpool (Residential Areas)??? No one complains - yet those pilots do there absolute best to use the "Performance Landing Procedures" all the time - where they can land with minimal use of revs and less Reverse thrust use......

Im sorry just my 2 cents pilot's view
Walks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Walks »

I don't think it's got bugger all to do with people who live in the area and the noise factor.

It's all about a big company wanting to make millions of bucks from the land. Simple.

Walks.
I was there when they flicked the switch
June 2, 2008
Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Donga »

When money is involved anything can be changed for the right price. I am guessing it does have something to do with the residents not being happy with the noise jandicot airport generarated asn they want to increase there own land value by having it move else where. I remeber when the Speedway was moved from Claremont all those years ago because the residents did not like the noise it generated so they llobbied and successfully had it moved. Mind you when the residents as with Jandicot moved in the area they knew what the showgrounds were used for. I guess its true what they say money talks.
w0mbat
Scanners and Receivers: AOR 8200 MKIII

Vote to keep it in Jandakot

Post by w0mbat »

I live in the estate next to Jandakot and love it. The low level approaches remind me of the float planes from Canada. Never heard any of the other residents complain about the flights. We do appreciate the pilots taking us ground dwellers into acccount.
The Jandakot viewing mound is a great place to spend a few hours, day or night. BBQ facilities and a Cafe!! sweet :-)
I want them to upgrade to take more and larger planes! Whoohoooo

The speedway was moved because the RAS who owns the land would not renew (again) the lease for speedway. It was extended once by the Gov of the day, over-riding the RAS till the Motorplex was built. A gov facility run by the Sports Centre Trust.