Aircraft, traffic control, air services

Moderators: Infernal, Nafenn, numloxx

Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Re: Aviation Incidents and Accidents

Post by Infernal »

Remember this
http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx? ... tID=157941
The aviation watchdog will review Australian standards for runway markings with a view to bringing them into line with international convention to help prevent a repeat of last year’s serious landing incident at Perth Airport involving Garuda Indonesia.

Here is why, check out the 6 mtr X on the runway, that some one is expected to see from at least 3 mile out, at a height of 250ft AGL

This image was taken 186m AGL on Google earth

Perth airport is its own worst enemy, what a joke

gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

How is that for close comfort - I agree with you AO...

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

AO11912 wrote:Remember this
http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx? ... tID=157941
The aviation watchdog will review Australian standards for runway markings with a view to bringing them into line with international convention to help prevent a repeat of last year’s serious landing incident at Perth Airport involving Garuda Indonesia.

Here is why, check out the 6 mtr X on the runway, that some one is expected to see from at least 3 mile out, at a height of 250ft AGL

This image was taken 186m AGL on Google earth

Perth airport is its own worst enemy, what a joke

we have good vision... but not that good ;)
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Breaking News on CH 7 - A light aircraft (Mooney?) - performed a crash landing at Jandakot - Landing Gear failed to come down, 2 Pax - walked out safely - Aircraft ended on the Grassed section opposite runway... 14:55

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

gkoutlis wrote:Breaking News on CH 7 - A light aircraft (Mooney?) - performed a crash landing at Jandakot - Landing Gear failed to come down, 2 Pax - walked out safely - Aircraft ended on the Grassed section opposite runway... 14:55

G
Images and i can tell you what it was George :P

Wouldn't you believe it... im away sick for 2 days, and something interesting happens!

*EDIT*

Link found: http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/ne ... -jandakot/
Nathan Fenn

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

Update straight from one of the Jandakot tower controllers... had the wheels down when landing, one wheel collapsed on touchdown, aircraft veered off to the left off the runway
Nathan Fenn

Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

A Singapore Flying College Cessna 172 has gone off the side of runway 06R at Jandakot. The runway is closed while they remove the plane from the grass ...

The Jandakot ATIS currently says: "Runway 06L for all operations. Runway 06R not available due to disabled aircraft."
Nathan Fenn

Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

The Scale Spitfire had a misshap on the runway 06L/24R today at YPJT.

i have an image on my phone, will upload when i get home
Nathan Fenn

gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Nafenn wrote:The Scale Spitfire had a misshap on the runway 06L/24R today at YPJT.

By Mishap you mean....? Gear Failure?

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

gkoutlis wrote:
Nafenn wrote:The Scale Spitfire had a misshap on the runway 06L/24R today at YPJT.

G
not sure.. but its landing gear is inpeices

had one wheel sideways on the gear strut... and one not even on its strut anymore
Nathan Fenn

gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Nafenn wrote:
gkoutlis wrote:

G
not sure.. but its landing gear is inpeices

had one wheel sideways on the gear strut... and one not even on its strut anymore
Ohh bugger - sounds nasty...

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

Found the image:

you can see Substantial Damage to the Prop and Undercarriage

Nathan Fenn

richard omeara

Post by richard omeara »

Are you saying that is a remote control spitfire?
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

richard omeara wrote:Are you saying that is a remote control spitfire?
nope, its a scale replica (probably the more appropriate word)... but its an actual aeroplane, even though it looks like a remote controlled one
Nathan Fenn

Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

...that looks like it's being remotely controlled to me ;) haha.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.